People do not fake a mental illness

14 Likes

I just saw this on Instagram.

1 Like

Good one, I admit I’ve been guilty of faking being ok. Just like was described, I will tell my family I’m ok, and just need some time alone,

I don’t want to burden anyone, and I don’t want them to worry about me. I feel this guilt over having symptoms, feel like I’m failing them. When it gets bad I start to think they would be better off without me, I could just run away, join a hippy community.

But then again, I’m having some issues about faking being sick right now.

3 Likes

Ever felt like you’re faking being sick?

Voices are telling me I’m not sick, that I’m faking it. I think I’m confused. I’m worried I’ve been faking it, lying about being sick for all these years.

3 Likes

I like these words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m no good. I curse at people. I’m not faking jack ■■■■. I’m super off in the head.a guy up above said something negative.

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder

I was thinking of what my pdoc said to me the other day - that I would not fake my illness because I won’t fake being in something that causes me distress.

True.

But it’s so tempting to think I’m faking my illness

Just got to remind myself when I cut I don’t like to show it - I hide it behind long sleeves. So why would I fake it?

1 Like

I would rather someone think I’m “faking”. Then think I’m totally messed up. That is a good thing and indicates your mental problems are not as bad.

I always say I am ok when someone asks me how I am, even if I am not.

1 Like

I fake being okay because I don’t want to upset people.

1 Like

people fake it all the time for sympathy and government benefits. But the statistics say it’s small. I don’t know. 50% of statistics are BS anyways.

I know I felt betrayed when in my past lives they said I got bipolar and not schizophrenia. Bipolar is still an illness, right? If it is, then I shouldn’t feel guilty. Bipolar can be devastating. Is it the drinks that are making me unable to function? Or the cigarettes? I don’t know.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. It made me laugh. My voices are torturing me badly.

1 Like

Yea, I don’t see the point of telling my family exactly how I feel in detail. It doesn’t help anyone.
Unfortunately. I did tell them about my hair removal surgery (except my mum) though and that felt like a huge relief telling them about that huge insecurity. They never knew before

Before it would make me paranoid to tell them but not anymore thnk gosh

1 Like

Its Very True. Too often i would get “are you alright?” twice daily in the bar where i used to drink. And then cue me fake laughing and putting a fake smile on - just so i didnt have to divulge that in reality the voices and paranoia were doing my fcking head in. And all i wanted was a quiet beer to chill out with.

Why do so many of us wanna pretend being healthy then? Because a fear of being looked down?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.