Paranoia takes time to go away, is that right?

Me too I was close to alogia at one moment when I was at my worse. I still dont talk really freely.
@TomCat, you know, for me too my klonopin relieves my paranoia and anxiety better than the Zyprexa. what does it mean? But its a dope isn’t it, does it mean that I should be on benzos till the end of my life? wow… but I am like you, klonopin is the best for me.

Anna, i think that what skinnyme said is right.
It cost me years to find the right medication. It also cost me years to find a good psychiatrist. Today I read an interesting story about the differences between psychiatrists. So there are social psychiatrists and clinical psychiatrists. Clinical psychiatrists try to cure you primarily through medication, while for social psychiatrists medication is a tool. Besides medication, they offer different therapies and speech sessions. I prefer a social psychiatrist, It realy helped me. And to answer your question: "I’m convinced that when you get the right help and tools (therapy and medication) your paranoia and delusions will become less or will disapere.

Good luck!

I feel like everyone is talking about me and I feel like they know my thoughts is this paranoia? and does it goes away?
I get afraid from it and my body start to shake?

If you still feel paranoia while being treated it might be worth trying a different medication.

Yes what you experience is a form of paranoia called: “thought broadcasting”. Mindreading, what I had, is a different kind of paranoia called: “thought reception”. Both these types of paranoia can go away with the right type or types of AP meds.

Paranoia takes time to go away it is true. But in , my experience meds alone won’t do it. It takes a change in attitude and beliefs. Questioning what’s worrying you is it in your head, irrational or reality based? Lots of your worries sound like depression and insecurities. Comparing yourself with your friends and comments made by others. Sometimes we have to be our own advocates. Enough is enough, we are good enough. Get out a bit smell the roses try not to fixate on yourself and how you compare to others but experience the moment and how it makes you feel. That cup of coffee, that new blouse, the sun shining upon you. Free yourself to enjoy these simple pleasures.

1 Like

It took 34 years for my paranoia to finally go away. Sometimes it takes a very, very, very long time.