Paliperidone injection

Saw my psychiatrist yesterday. We are working at coming off a couple of medications over the coming months because I can’t tolerate so many pills. One I don’t need anymore, the other we are going to see how I do without.

Another recently I came off myself (qutiapine) and I am switching to injection so I do not have to take so much medication. I am really happy how this appointment went.

She told me it’s related to risperdal which really worked for me years ago when I was first diagnosed and was the first thing I was put on. (Just didn’t want to take anything).

How is anyone else’s experiences here with this medicine. I am trying my best not to look up about this drug only find some positive feedback to help me continue compliant for my own wellbeing and not create heartbreak for anyone around me.

I get the first injection tomorrow and I have no idea what dose I am going to be on. But I will ask.

1 Like

I take it currently 4mg every night…help to fall asleep…

1 Like

Im on the Paliperadone Injection 100mg every 4 weeks, apart from a sore injection site in the arse for a couple of days i have no side effects whatsoever. I found it easier than pills becaise i found i was overdosing on Risperdal during the day to sleep to get over boredrom. For me personally it works just fine and i dont have to visit the chemist every week for a weekly script. Your milage my differ but ive had no problems on it. Your first two jabs will be in the arm so it gets into your body quicker, but i recommend having it in the buttock in future as it hurts less. Take Care.

1 Like

Thanks.

Arm isn’t much better today. Doesn’t hurt when I lift. Just a bit sore still if I put some pressure on it.

Huge weight gain + made my dick not work + made negative symptoms worse

2 Likes

Lilskits always says it the best. He’s who helped me decide how bad paliperidone/Invega is. On top of derealization, and the fact that some of these side effects last for YEARS after stopping the injection. To be honest, I’ve only heard a couple people on here who paliperidone actually worked for, so maybe try it as a last resort. I had my last shot a couple weeks ago, I’m going to try Latuda. I’m too suicidal and flat on invega. It f*cking changes your brain and personality, I’ve been on it a year and was just scared to switch bc of the turmoil this med caused alone. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks. Since I stopped qutiapine. (Really wanted to. Life has been pretty much hell. But don’t want anymore pills to be honest) I’ve lost weight. Have not slept. I won’t bore you with all the rest.

Today was the first day I’ve actually wanted to eat. In weeks. (Not had to force myself) and I slept well last night and this morning. I hope it’s not a one off day. But the fruit craving has been insane.

My motivation to do something I enjoy has come back. I want to do it. But it’s strange because I have not. But I’m watxhing a bit of TV.

As for the rest it is still early days.

Have a meeting with crisis team tomorrow who have been seeing me along with my nurse. Hopefully I will be being discharged from them. Or maybe they are waiting to see how my 2nd injection is. Not sure if I’m getting that tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hope the appetite and sleep continues.

Felt very nauseated this morning. Not sure if that was a side effect or just malnutrition over the course of weeks And yes low sex drive that has already raised itself.

I am sorry you were suicidal on this medication. And I hope your next one works out for you. I did not feel suicidal on qutiapine but I do fear my sleep may take a long time to recover itself naturally. That medication has powerful effect on helping sleep.