Olanzapine compare solian

What is better from your experience solian or zyprexa?

Olanzapine- lots of weight gain- slept in a lot

Solian. - improved mood. High prolactin levels otherwise an effective drug

So the mood is better from your opinion what about positive symptoms?

I was on this for three years

Worked well except I still had psychotic anxiety if that’s even a thing

But in the end my QTc prolongated and I got taken off

Was on 800mg for much of it

They did not bother much about prolactin as the benefits of the treatment overall was worth the risk

Moved to Medications where it is on topic.

v.

Siloan did well for positive symptoms

Solian has no side effects for me. I am on it and is way better than olanzapine.

For negative and cognitive symptoms is also better?

low dosage up to 300 mg / day is more effective for negative symptoms yes, Solian is neutral for cognition as it only blocks dopamine receptors, while olanzapine also has serotonin antagonism which is good for cognitive symptoms but also antimuscarinic action that solian lacks. Cholinergic system is important for memory formation in my opinion so it is better to not have antimuscarinic action.

2 Likes

Do you find Solian does anything for sleep or is it neutral?

i tried both of them and i dont like them. olanzapine (zyprexa) caused me a lot of weight gain. amisulpride (solian) caused me to sleep all day and worsened my negative symptoms and i had zero energy or motivation while i was on it.

I had been on both of them and I think Olanzapine is better. I had been on Amisulpride (Solian) 200mg for about 8 years. It caused super high prolactin which made me extremely tired in the afternoon and the evening. I also got sciatic pains from it. Another bad thing from Amisulpride was daytime somnolence. I needed more than 10 hours sleep every night. I switched from Amisulpride to Olanzapine about three years ago and things became better. I was less tired and slept less. I got zero weight gain from Olanzapine. However I developed a mild depression from it and had to take antidepressant.

It’s neutral for sleep

1 Like

I take 50 mg solian and 20 mg olanzapine i sleep well i sleep 12 Hours

1 Like

What happened to you
and you disappeared from messenger?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.