Oh well it was good while it lasted

I found out tonight that my brand new, excellent, professional, empathetic therapist doesn’t accept my insurance.

I called the insurance company myself and just found out.

Oh well, I lost a really good therapist and I’m really bummed out by it.

I’ll probably take a break from therapy for a while.

I highly doubt I’ll find another qualified therapist like her.

Plus now I have to pay for 5 sessions out of pocket.

10 Likes

That sucks big time. I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful
It’s too ■■■■■■■ bad.

Just my luck.

3 Likes

I’m sorry @Wave.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon1517417 1515

3 Likes

Ouch I am so sorry! My therapist doesnt take my insurance, either. I pay out of pocket because I had been working with her 3 years before she switched to private practice and I dont want to stop. But it definitwly gets expensive.

3 Likes

Yes I was thinking if I should see her only once a month and pay out of pocket, but I don’t know if that’s worth it or if she’ll accept to see me once a month.

I can’t afford to see her more than this.

Thanks @supernova

4 Likes

I’m so sorry.

My husband’s therapist doesn’t take our insurance and it’s pricey.

I’m sure you can find someone else that takes your insurance and is professional.

4 Likes

Oh man I’m so sorry

3 Likes

Yes thanks @anon54386108 and @Twialine

I’ll see but I may take a small break from therapy for a while before I start looking again. @anon54386108

3 Likes

That’s a big-time bummer. I called my first therapist a while ago, and she said she was retiring soon. That was a total letdown, she’s one of two people in the world that I trust

Maybe you’ll find the right therapist, exactly at the right time

3 Likes

Yes thanks @Cragger
I hope so.

2 Likes

I see mine once a month, but when I was first starting I went every week. I honestly miss every week, but I also can’t afford it.

4 Likes

A bunch of helpful idiots therapists are.

1 Like

I may see her once a month.
I’m seriously thinking about it.
She’s that good.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear this @Wave i hope you get the help you need

3 Likes

Thanks @anon80490300

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that your favorite therapist doesn’t take your insurance. Could you possibly find out which insurance companies she does take and then maybe switch to one of them? I don’t know how hard it would be. I know you got pre existing conditions.

2 Likes

I was thinking of starting therapy too. What does a decent therapist charge? $$$

3 Likes

Sorry @Wave about your therapist. Yes it may be worth it to pay to see them monthly if it works financially. I see my nurse for therapy every 2 weeks (by phone now due to covid) and I don’t know what I’d do without her now. Things will work out.

4 Likes