Off of meds and hormonal?

As most of you know, I got off the meds a good while ago. I’ve done really well, but, this second period is killing me! I am so weepy and excitable. I’m not angry or anything, so, I am not too worried about it, but, it’s frustrating to be crying at work. Anyone else been through this?

1 Like

Your brain could be adjusting itself and going through withdrawals - it takes time for the brain to reset itself after antipsychotic use.

I would drink plenty of water and exercise for a while everyday - if things get out of control, dont hesitate to call your pdoc.

Best of luck to you @samples32

1 Like

The pdoc said about the same thing, but, he doesn’t share the experience, you know?

Maybe things will settle and your period problems will decrease and next time they wront be as bad

1 Like

I’m not a female, so no, BUT… I have worked with numerous females who have come off both street drugs and prescription meds who have reported exactly the same thing. (Oddly, maybe, nicotine withdrawal seems to come up as much as everything else put together.) I’m sure it’s no fun. Basic mindfulness meditation often works.

http://www.mindfullivingprograms.com/whatMBSR.php

2 Likes

i hope you are feeling better today. :heart:
take care :alien:

1 Like

I know that feeling all too well and in my case I thought it was best to get back on antipsychotic but I guess I might have been wrong in the sense it could have been withdrawal. I did not think of that then.

1 Like