Coming off antipsychotics again

I went to see a pdoc today.
Says it does not seem like schizophrenia or schizoaffective.

When I asked if it is bipolar, he said he doesn’t want to give labels but he isn’t going to change current diagnosis on paper right now. Which is bipolar.
He feels that my main symptom is anxiety and that if we can deal with that effectively then it might solve the mood symptoms too :confused:

I am changing my meds too.

No more Ability or Tegretol
Hello Lemotrigine and Sertrine.

3 Likes

That’s good news, right?

1 Like

It is good news. I guess he is treating the symptoms individually rather than the diagnosis which he didn’t say what it is. As he don’t like labels.

But he did say I get severe anxiety and resulting mood swings. He is gonna treat the anxiety. But since he can’t prescribe SSRIs on their own due to risk of mania, he added the mood stabaliser.

I am not depressed as he said,

2 Likes

So, anxiety is the main problem now.

1 Like

Well that’s what he says. Me feeling like I am going psychotic might be an element of PTSD from the previous psychosis.

I think its risky business coming off anti psyhotics…do you really believe youre not sz…you have a lot of insight in to sz id be surprised that you don’t have sz

but then I only know you as a web associate, maybe your doc is right but then I don’t think so but I must say im no sure, you know your self best

2 Likes

I have not had a psychotic episode in a decade. And had only one. He said that’s not enough to say I have schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Good luck @anon80629714
Sounds like a plan

1 Like

I hope it works out! I had one psychotic episode more than a year ago and am trying off meds now. My psychosis lasted three years though . . .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.