Odd that this came up again... redemption

I think sis has the right to be the one to decide where and when. I seem to recall Mom not having much luck in forcing sis to her way of thinking. It will go much better if it is a choice instead of being forced.

2 Likes

I had a sinking feeling that was the case. But at least my sis hasn’t said the bridge is burnt. The bridge is still there… she just want’s him to take the first step.

2 Likes

I’m starting to look forward to that part.

He’s not a bad guy underneath all this mania and chaos. The few windows of calm I’ve seen in his life, he’s done some very cool things. To think, both of us sober, drug free, and lucid at the same time. It’s going to be like having four different people in the room. Two past selves and two present selves.

4 Likes

Good luck with the re-integration process J. I too recently came out of the hospital. How long was the stay? I don’t know the specifics, but for me it was very important to stay engaged with safe, sober activities. I live with my family so I don’t have to worry too much about getting back in trouble as they made it clear to me it was straighten out or move. How close are you and your brother? It sounds like you have a lot of catching up to do. Redeeming yourself is no easy task. Most of all it takes time. Nothing is going to get fixed overnight, but if you can be a positive influence in his life, the sky is the limit.

1 Like

He was hospitalized the day after St. Patrick’s Day and gets out day after tomorrow. So about 10 weeks or so. He was in rehab for a month right before that.

I have three younger brothers and he’s the baby boy. We’re fairly close. It’s been a hard year with him. I’m 29 he’s just now 20. It’s hard to watch him cycle through the same problem that I’ve been through.

We do have some catching up to do… actually, it will be like meeting him for the fist time. When he was little, I was crumbling and in and out of hospital. When I was getting better, he was getting stoned. When I was at my best, he was at his worst.

This really will be the first time that he and I are both clean, sober and lucid at the same time. Time just might implode upon it’s self.

Thank you for the shout out about keeping him engaged. When I was 18 and just got released from hospital, I was in deep isolation mode. So it’s odd to think that he might want to be engaged in the first place. I do want to help him out now.

2 Likes