OCD in psychosis

Anyone else here have an unreasonable level of OC tendancies boardering on psychotic? New here btw. Ive noticed that throughout my whole life my obsessions and intrusive thoughts have had odd requests and fixations on the world around me. It was a huge dilemma in my breakdown and seemed to be the crux of what started it all. I had to spit on myself and piss in bottles. It was horrifying. Right now im taking latuda and its been easy to control. Id like to mention im not diagnosed officially nor am I diagnosing myself. I have been diagnosed with a psychotic episode in the past though.

1 Like

I have schizoaffective disorder and OCD symptoms are strong, especially the intrusive repetitive thoughts, I do rituals too. I think there is definitely a connection between OCD and psychosis.

1 Like

I concur, I dont think people understand the different type of OCD that goes along with psychotic disorders, schizotypal personality disorder, which is what I think ive had for a long time, is strongly tied to OCD however psychology juxtaposed with hollywood has failed miserably to project a true image of OCD.

1 Like

I suffer with Schiz Bipolar and major OCD symptoms.
OCD does get in my way and verges on Psychotic.

The Obsessions and Intrusive images get to be too much at times.

2 Likes

I had pretty severe intrusive thoughts too other than strange fixations. Always need to have a goal to obsess about. Glad latuda is working for you, it did not work for me at all. =( also watch out the weight as I gained 20% body fat on that I am trying to lose.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Might I direct you folks to the News Forum on the main website---------> http://schizophrenia.com/

There’s an article posted today about this very issue.

3 Likes