NSI-189 The new drug that can help your bran build new neurons

It seems that this drug is available online & some people had already tried the drug for depression even during it’s clinical trials!!

NSI-189 is an experimental, novel potential antidepressant that is under investigation by Neuralstem, Inc. for the treatment for major depressive disorder (MDD), as well as for cognitive impairment and neurodegeneration.[2][1][3] Research into NSI-189 has been funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH).[4] The mechanism of action of NSI-189 appears to be activation of neurogenesis in the hippocampus and possible enlargement of this structure,[2] but how the drug mediates these effects is unknown and binding studies have so far failed to identify any certain molecular targets for the drug.[3] As stated by Neuralstem, NSI-189 is a “new chemical entity with [a] novel mechanism of action, molecular target yet unknown, but not mediated by SSRI or SNRI or by BDNF release or via any known GPCRs, kinases, or channels.” The drug was discovered via high-throughput screening of a library of 10,269 compounds for neurogenic effects in vitro.[3]

NSI-189 successfully completed a phase I clinical trial for MDD in 2011, where it was administered to 41 healthy volunteers.[5] A phase Ib clinical trial for treating MDD in 24 patients started in 2012 and completed in July 2014, with results published in December 2015.[6][1] Neuralstem is now preparing to initiate phase II clinical studies for MDD in the first quarter of 2016, with results expected in the second half of 2017.[3][1] In the two clinical studies conducted thus far, NSI-189 has shown statistically significant effectiveness in reducing depressive symptoms, has been found to be safe and well-tolerated (with no major adverse effects observed), and has been found to improve cognitive deficits in depressed patients.[2][3] In addition to MDD, Neuralstem intends to pursue clinical development of NSI-189 for a variety of other neurological conditions, including traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, stroke, and natural cognitive and memory decline in aging.[4][2]

2 Likes

If a drug actually could rebuild neurons i’d want to make sure it didn’t cause cancer as that is a case of cell production run amok. You can;t be too careful with these things. I’d also want to know if drug discontinuation ended the cell growth.

1 Like

In any case I am willing to wait to see how this will turn out. We’ll see.

1 Like

I just emailed neuralstem to ask them if they plan to do any trials with this drug on schizophrenia ill post if i get a reply from them.

2 Likes

this might be the most promising news article that I’ve read in a while. Too bad it doesnt pertain to us. Although major depression is a key feature of my illness so maybe there still is some hope.

1 Like

I at one point in time read that neural stem was going to do a clinical trial with this drug to help improve cognitive ability in people with schizophrenia. It seem as if they have dropped this trial. For one thing I can’t find any info on it anymore.

Someone said you can order this stuff online. Is that for real? If so from where. I would like to get a bad of this ■■■■ and see if it works.

I’ve heard that the hiccocampus is at play in sz and bipolar disorder. If this drug can restore function or size to the hippocampus then maybe it could be helpful for psychosis.
Anyhow they need to stop dicking around and fast track these meds so people can get better.
To hell with the long term side effects!

2 Likes

I ordered NSI-189 on suaway.com and it will reach me today or tomorrow as the shipment has reached a city in my state. I’m so depressed that nsi-189 has to be the only choice as reported by internet users.

I hope it works for you, but it has failed trials in major depressive disorder. As far as I know it has not been tried in psychosis.

Fascinating, but more studies are needed.

^^Nootropic agents stimulate neurogenesis.

^^diet and neurogenesis.

1 Like

Have u tried one of this notropics for neuro genesis gentlebsoul…

1 Like

Nope. But I try to follow neurogenic dietary guidelines, so to speak.

1 Like