Notmoses please help

If you knew NOTHING about a person, what would you theorize controls their life?

I’m not notmoses, but I’d say start by reading the Wikipedia article on Maslows hierarchy of needs.

3 Likes

Read it, that doesn’t apply. I want to know what people’s general emotional baggage is.

Hmm try learning cold reading techniques :smile:

2 Likes

Evolution controls all life

No, emotionally @mortimermouse. A person walks into your office, what do you already suspect hinders them emotionally?

Fear of the unknown. Who would open up to a stranger. Many people are intimidated by shrinks and see them as not even human.

Try to see it more broadly. What rules in day to day life. Not just the office.

I already said that evolution drives basic human behavior. You went from “no, in the office” to “no, not in the office” so I stand by my original answer.

1 Like

Um, I’d say their hormones control them.

You know, our hormones are responsible for weight gain or loss, balance of equilibrium and so much more.

Hormones and evolution are not emotions.

I don’t think such a thing exists. And some people don’t feel emotions. But you could probably safely assume that almost everyone has emotional issues that stem from their childhood.

1 Like

I’ve been pondering fear…

We try to reach out… for fear of being alone…

We hide from others after reaching out… due to fear of ridicule and pain

When I was taken involuntarily into hospital because I finally crossed the line… that entire month… I was in a panic and paranoid state… It boils down to fear of being alone…

I was afraid that the ONLY person left who understood me…was being taken from me… so I had to take that person back…

I got a bit more med compliant after my stint of homelessness… because of my fear of ever being homeless again.

When my family took over my life a few years ago… and decided I needed a med change and decided what therapy I needed… I didn’t fight back due to fear of being written off…

That’s just me…

---- I wanted to add… it took a lot of work to let go of the fear and grasp the love…

With love… it will work out… I won’t be alone… I will be able to get help if I need it…
love is also pretty powerful stuff… to know you have love is to also face fear down.

1 Like

Lets play a guessing game until he comes! Winner gets a dinner with @notmoses and free workbook!

I will say, the way one talks about his key figures: Mum and Dad.

Not a bad idea. At all.

Well, what else is there to say? She pretty much hit it.

I like fish. And caesar salad.

1 Like

We could go to Gladstone’s (at Sunset and Pacific Coast in Malibu). But we’ll have to go quick. I hear they’re closing it.

Wow man !!! You got a groupie.

1 Like

That’d be waaaaaaaay under-rating that girl (considering the education she has).