Not sure if I'm ready to go back to school

Classes don’t start until August. But I really don’t know if school is the right thing for me.

I’ve been reading a lot of interesting books lately, I’m kinda educating myself on my own.

I might just take some sociology classes or something. Anyhow thank you for reading.

:v:

Edited to add:
I feel if I don’t start in the fall semester I’ll really regret being out of school and having nothing to do.

3 Likes

Can you get a job in the interval if you decide not to go back to school?

1 Like

I could probably get a part-time job. So yeah, I’m just concerned about losing my benefits if I work.

I went ahead and enrolled in a few classes, mostly stuff that interests me.

1 Like

Why do you think you couldn’t start school this autumn? How are you feeling? If you think you are not ready for school right away, you could find a job, wait a little and think about it. You should go to school only when you feel ready for that.

1 Like

@anubis I’m just worried about not doing good in my classes. I’m feeling pretty good these days but I have my moments. But yeah - I see what you’re saying about how I should only go if I feel I’m ready.

I enrolled in some fun classes this time though. A sociology class, CPR, and a psych class about sexuality. There’s still time to drop them if I change my mind.

1 Like

I think that you have the right attitude. You want to do something with your life but in the same time, you seem to think about your health. Maybe you will know what to do only with time…

2 Likes

My suggestion is to go ahead and take one or two classes toward your major just to test it out. don’t take classes you don’t need… Though if you just take history or something you can always become a teacher…

2 Likes

I can understand. Im starting my senior year and even though i only have 11 hours its intensive high level Biochemistry courses. I am afraid of having another episode of psychosis and seeing all my plans fall apart with no chance to salvage. I wish i could tale time off until my meds were more adjusted, but i cant.

3 Likes

I understand @Lex7con. It’s nearly impossible to predict our illness and how it’s going to affect us.

I hope you’ll do great in your bio-chemistry classes. Take care :v:

2 Likes

Maybe just take a fun class, something entertaining that piques your interest. Then take your required classes later. It might be bad advice but if you’re not up to taking hard, required courses this coming quarter than take something fun just to keep your momentum going and keep you in the swing of things at your school.

The Beatles are my favorite music group. My college happened to have a music course just about the Beatles. I took it and it turned out to be pretty fun. I learned a lot I didn’t know and on the last question on the final when we were asked to sum up the influence of the Beatles and what place they had in music, the teacher said my answer was the best answer he had ever got on that question in the 8 years that he had been teaching this course. And not only that he gave me an A+ for the class, the only A+ I have ever gotten in college.

But yeah, maybe you could take an art class or even a sports class. Just to stay in tune with your college.

1 Like

@77nick77 Wow, congrats on getting that A+! – high five

I see what you mean though about taking something fun. The stipulation with the GI Bill though is that I have to take classes that will go towards my degree.

This semester I get sort of a break on that stipulation, but I still have to take at least 1 class that will complete my degree. So I chose physical science. It’s more of a survey-type science class. As opposed to something as intensive as biology.

The other 3 classes I enrolled in are for fun – CPR, Human sexuality, and a sociology class.

1 Like