Schizophrenia.com

Not "spacially" aware

I feel like I have a kind of blindness that cannot distinguish where I am physically. I know I have no depth perception so maybe this is the reason.

0 Likes

How do you have no depth perception?

0 Likes

An infantile head injury by a doctor. It’s one of the reasons I am disappointed in doctors and don’t tend to trust them.

0 Likes

but both your eyes work?

0 Likes

Yes, they just don’t coordinate.

0 Likes

Thats weird. Probably has lot to do with your sense of location.

0 Likes

That’s what I was trying to explain. I have no sense of being located. I only know the difference because with exercising and concentration, I can have a sense of depth perception. But I can’t make it last more than a few seconds.

0 Likes

There certainly has to e some kind of therapy for that. Sounds like an odd problem im sorry you’re going through that.

0 Likes

One doctor tried working with me but my Dad wouldn’t pay for it.

0 Likes

It’s hard to even imagine what that’s like

0 Likes

Shortly thereafter is when I was sent to a psychiatrist by my college. My Dad didn’t dare fight of the school. I never made the connection at the time.

0 Likes

So what kind of symptoms do you have? You don’t really talk about delusion or voices.

0 Likes

I woke up one morning and thought I’d killed the girl that roomed next to me. I was really shook up and went to the councilor who sent me to a shrink.

0 Likes

So your only mildly schizophrenic

0 Likes

I definitely experience a loss of depth perception at times. I also feel like I am off balance at times.

0 Likes

It doesn’t feel mild to me. I’ve been on psychotic breaks where I did hear voices. The shrink never did solve the problem. And like I said, he had two strikes against him simply because he was a doctor. This forum has helped me more.

0 Likes

Yeah just got learn to live with this ■■■■. I mean I think I’m getting better. I definitely remember being psychotic it’s not a good place to be

0 Likes

Our provider just said that about one of my housemates a couple of days ago. “Her head isn’t in a good place now.”

0 Likes

Well I for one hope i can find a good place for my head. All those years of trying to be different and now I just want to conform and share that normal head space.

1 Like