Not knowing how to manage emotions

So, yesterday I started laughing while in desperation. My mom and grandma were there with me, and they were really worried. I cant believe this is happening to me :frowning: I get the feeling that Im not being able to manage my emotions well. Has anybody went thru this?

2 Likes

I cant laugh and cry due to negative symptoms…!!! Atleast u laughed…!!! Thats great…!!

1 Like

I feel like most people don’t understand the true complexity of emotion, including emotions of sz…
I remember smiling even when everything was going wrong and back then I didn’t even know why I was smiling…
Today I think I was smiling because I was actually bettering myself and my life even though it seemed like I was destroying it…

So maybe it’s ok that you laughed… maybe you really should have laughed

This won’t change the fact that people won’t understand or will think that something bad is going on… but you have to believe in yourself and then others will believe too… this will take time, a long time, a few years

Best wishes, feel good

1 Like

I laugh when I’m nervous or uncomfortable.
It makes people take me less seriously, and not respect it when I try to tell them to stop what they’re doing to me.

3 Likes

i been crying everyday think i’m in a depressive state. would love to have a good laugh.

1 Like

I can laugh sometimes, but I can’t cry. I don’t know what to attribute this to. I’m on an anti depressant and a boatload of AP’s. Do these make you unable to cry?

2 Likes

Inappropriate laughter is a common symptom of schizophrenia…

3 Likes

when i was on resperidone i couldn’t cry but laughed a lot. now i’m on different meds with hospice and i cry often and rarely laugh. not that i watched any comics or anything lately though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.