Are you able to laugh at anything?

are there things that still make you laugh since your diagnosis?

Yeah but there isn’t much emotion behind the laugh. Feels like someone I’m sharing this body with is laughing instead of me.

2 Likes

I feel completely empty and hollow inside and I might as well be crying while laughing but every so often someone will say something that makes me giddy. Its usually inappropriate and at their own expense but I get a laugh in when it happens.

1 Like

What up Doc green thumb …ur not slept yet…!!! Happy new year man…!!!

1 Like

I laughed at the question … just one ha!

3 Likes

All i can do anymore is laugh at stuff. It keeps me sane

1 Like

yo, Mr. cure all! happy new year to you too!
Wheres our good news!!??

2 Likes

sounds like you’ve had a little too much egg nog. get back to me when you sober up.

Being the world’s sexiest man has its distractions.

2 Likes

They will be there soon…!!!
I want to go to psychotherapist tomorrow & i am focusing on self improvement and recovery…
AS i belong to middle class family i am soon having financial problem as no one is working(job) in my family …i am hoping my sister and brother going to help me in the future …And i am realizing that
i have to control my self and think positive…!!!

1 Like

Good luck man. I think you can do it!

2 Likes

I laugh at my neice’s and nephews and my partner’s little sister. They are all good kids.

1 Like

I am.

Did you hear about the two radio antennas that got married? Well they said the wedding was okay, but the reception was awesome.

3 Likes

Nope. Laughter is a rarity.

1 Like

I laugh and then cry

i can put my mouth in position for laugh and i can produce some sounds that resembles laughing
but no im not able to laugh at anything
ive been like that since i was put on meds before them i could laugh

sometimes i can laugh…

Yes but it depends on how I feel.

I haven’t truly laughed out loud since I was a little kid. Unless you count this weird thing I do where I kind of breathe heavy through my nose; I refer to it as laughing through my nose. Hell, I laughed through my nose just a minute ago when I read @kindness’s joke. :slight_smile: I still use terms like lol and lmao, but I mean it in a figurative sense when I do.

2 Likes

@scoobasteve

I completely understand. Life has sucked the life out of me, too. When I was young and naive I thought that the opposite of depression was happiness, but now I realize that the opposite of depression is vitality.

1 Like