Not doing so hot tonight

I’m in the process of switching meds and I’m just more in my head and the voice won’t shut up and my harm ideation is up. Nothing feels real and I’m paranoid. Just need a friend I guess.

5 Likes

What are you switching from and switching to , if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

When I switched off Zyprexa last summer, it did about the same to me. My pdoc put me on just 5mg of Abilify. I’m now taking 15mg and doing fine at that level.

1 Like

I’m going from 10mg Zyprexa to 10mg of abilify. I’m gonna try and do the injection due to working overnight shifts 3 days a week and it kinda throws off my med routine.

2 Likes

How long did it last? Cause I don’t wanna get bad again.

1 Like

It takes 2 weeks for Abilify to reach a steady state in your body.

Edit: congratulations on being able to hold down a job.

1 Like

Well it lasted until my pdoc upped me to 10mg and it got better, though not as good as the 15mg I started in December.

Holyshit @Niko_Alyxandir you work full time? Good for you, I couldn’t manage

@Cragger I work 34 hours a week but it’s only 3 days and it’s overnight so for 90% of my shifts I just watch TV, draw and mess around on my phone. I couldn’t handle the stress of my last job. I’m the sole provider for my family so I have to work. But I applied for disability.

2 Likes

@anon54988740 I’m hoping to move to the injection next month. They said if this didn’t work I’d be put on clozapine.

1 Like

Good luck with the injection.

I was taking 10mg Zyprexa too, but ended up needing 15mg of Abilify. I don’t think Abilify is as strong as Zyprexa.

Well I have another appointment next month. So hopefully I’m okay until then. I may need a higher dose as well. I just get worried cause the voice I hear gives me bad thoughts. Like homicidal ideation and it’s hard to deal with at times.

1 Like

It’s hell having to wait months to see a pdoc.

I’m sorry you’re struggling. I hope your med change helps very soon.

Yeah it sucks. He wanted to do 2 weeks but he was booked out.

1 Like

Thank you, and I hope so too.

1 Like

@Niko_Alyxandir good man. I’m glad your job is good and slack, I couldn’t handle the stress myself

Hope your disability comes through for you

Yeah, me too, cause I have to work no choice for me even when I’m bad. But I have a plan after my work week if I’m not getting any better and feel unsafe I’ll go to the crisis center for a 24 hour hold.

1 Like

Wow man, that sounds rough. I haven’t been hospitalized for 19 years, but I probably should have been there a couple of times