Newbie here

Hello I’m new here. I was recently diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. I’m 29. I take risperidone and it quiets down the voices really well. I actually stumbled upon this site a few months ago after I was hospitalized. I haven’t said anything yet because I’m more of a shy kinda guy that doesn’t talk that much.

I am also looking for a job with the physics degree that I have. I was wondering if anyone knows any good places to find a job or if they know anyone in a field that employs people with schizoaffective disorder. If they do I’ll be happy to hear about it.

With that kind of degree you could work entry level positions anywhere. Grueling stuff to take all those physics/math classes. People respect that.

If you’re looking for something in your field it might take you a while and depends on your location.

You don’t have to disclose your illness in an interview or at all.

I’d start small and make sure you can manage working then slowly move up to full time if you can handle the stress.

Welcome to the forum man.

1 Like

Hello and welcome…
I hope you find some ideas

I don’t think you have disclose your medical diagnosis to any employer. Good luck.

Yep, right on. Welcome.

thought i would say hi.
take care :deciduous_tree:

Welcome. Everyone is very supportive here.

Welcome.

If you got your degree pre psychosis, you might find that you are a little less capable,

Varies a lot even on my own time line of when i could work or not…

Some people can hold a job and have SZ, but maybe not as many full time year in year out.

I wish you lots of luck.

Basic jobs are better for me personally, i’ve done shop work or farm work quite successfully