New report finds smoking is a cause of depression and schizophrenia

2 Likes

Excellent. Maybe we can finally get around to banning the nasty things.

5 Likes

In other news, having a cat, blowing up balloons, having a large nose, watching tv, and playing with your johnson also increase your chances of sz by 200%.

Just seems like the trend. :stuck_out_tongue: .

4 Likes

Fixed it for you. You’re welcome.

Edit: Hi my name is Velociraptor and I think dogs are the absolute best. Cats are gross and unreliable, but gee whiz, dogs are so loyal, smart and reliable. Gee willikers , I love dogs! (fixed it for you: Bowens).

4 Likes

lol. I was tempted to edit your post to include how much better dogs are than cats and put “fixed it for you”. lol. But sadly, that would be an abuse of mod abilities :frowning: .

Edit: aww screw it. @velociraptor

5 Likes

lol that is the best abuse of mod powers of all time

2 Likes

Told you I would poke holes in your soul over time…

VICTORY.

:smirk:

2 Likes

I didnt try smoking till i was 27.

Debunked :crazy_face::sweat_smile:

I don’t know if I believe that smoking can lead to schizophrenia but it’s been proven that certain substances like cannabis and LSD can be contributors

I blame too much Pokemon.

3 Likes

But, smoking does decrease the level of medication in the body. I remember my doc telling me that it neutralizes the effects of medication. You need higher doses if you smoke.

2 Likes

I was told if you play with your johnson you will get hairy knuckles.

Debunked.

Sincerely,
Sir Level
The hairless knuckle king

4 Likes

I didn’t say it wasn’t possible that it could contribute to risk. I was just making a little joke about everything contributing to the risk of sz. Just like everything causes cancer.

1 Like

I like your style

1 Like

There is an association, but not necessarily causation. Maybe depression and sz lead to smoking.

1 Like

This is nonsense. Smoking causes schizophrenia?? Really?

I think this is yet another example of ‘publish or perish’. The creators of this study had to come up with and publish something, or their funding would dry up.

What a bunch of crap.

1 Like

I haven’t fully read the article. But I’m happier now that I don’t smoke. Anyway, as a smoker you’re treated as a paria and that can’t be good for mental health.

1 Like

I need to quit. I noticed if I smoke I get fainting spells. Im not supposed to smoke. My dad just quit for good and is five days away from a year of no chewing tobacco or cigarettes.

1 Like