New piano pieces

My piano teacher recently passed me on the following pieces:

A Whiter Shade of Pale- by Keith Reid and Gary Brooker.

Piano Concerto No. 1 1rst Movement Theme- by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

And I am now working on the following pieces:

Violin Sonata in E flat Last Movement Theme- by Wolfgang A. Mozart.

Do You Feel Like We Do - by Peter Frampton, John Friomos, Rick Willis and Mick Gallagher.

Moonlight Sonata First Movement- by Ludwig van Beethoven.

10 Likes

Moonlight Sonata: 1st movement is easy and sounds great. 2nd movement relatively easy and more joyful. But good luck with the 3rd movement, it’s insanely hard!

2 Likes

@Andrey, I’m having a hard enough time with the first movement thankyou. As far as the third, I don’t think I will even go there.

I am diagnosed with MCI (mild cognitive impairment). And one pdoc told me that I would never play piano at an advanced level.

2 Likes

I didn’t have access to a piano for long, so I don’t play it well, but I really admire those who can. Good for you. I’m particularly fond of the Tchaikovsky piece and Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. I wrote an essay on the Sonata in a Music History class. Beautiful.

4 Likes

Oh you’ll be able to play it well, I’m positive.
I also came down with some sz related cognitive impairments but I can still play the piano. However I’m very lazy and fail to practice regularly.

If I’m the rabbit and you’re the tortoise, remember who won the race right? :+1:

3 Likes

Mozart wrote the music for TWINKLE LITTLE STAR. I learned the chords for that on mandolin and memorized it. I can play PATHETIQUE by Beethoven on my nylon string guitar.

1 Like

I mostly play The Beatles on my acoustic, Nirvana and Alt Rock on my electric. I’m kinda crappy at it, but I love it.

2 Likes

Don’t listen to a naysayer psychiatrist! I’ve heard of a guitarist with only two fingers on his left hand who greatly influenced more than one genre. I think his name was Django.

3 Likes

Those are all incredible beautiful pieces

1 Like

Don’t give up! I think a lot of things can be fixed with time, practice, patience, and a I can do anything I put my mind to attitude

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. But to be honest, most people only learn the first movement and skip the other two. You’re doing great!

1 Like

Acoustic and electric what?

1 Like

Thankyou @Jinx . My piano teacher told me the same thing.

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo !

1 Like

That’s wonderful @Jinx !

Guitar. Sorry! 15

2 Likes

Moonlight Sonata is lovely

3 Likes

I admire your talent @SkinnyMe. I could never get into piano when I was a child as my piano teacher’s dog (named Brandy) would always snort and sniff up my skirt while I was trying to play. I might add that I used to wet my pants up until the age of 10 and this was probably the reason why Brandy was doing this lol.

Keep up the amazing work.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, @Sarah . You could always buy a digital piano and take up piano again now?

1 Like

Keep up the good work @SkinnyMe and don’t listen to the jerk who said you wouldn’t be able to play the way you want to.

2 Likes