My teacher passed me and

assigned me all new pieces. He passed me on the songs: “Jazz Ostinato in C# Minor”, and “Waltz from Swan Lake”, by Tchaikovsky.

Now I am to practice the new pieces: “Soldier’s Joy (or Hornpipe)”, which is a traditional song, and “La Ci Darem La Mano (You’ll Lay Your Hand In Mine), from Don Giovanni”, by Mozart. Also new exercises by Czerny. I am very excited.

I am exactly halfway through the third Adult’s Alfred book.

19 Likes

Wow that’s so awesome! Congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations! You’re doing great!

2 Likes

Congrats @SkinnyMe!
I remember when you started really getting into your piano playing. So cool that you’ve kept it up. I’m sure you must be getting more and more proficient!

5 Likes

Good for you! That’s so exciting!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

That is very cool! :sunglasses::musical_keyboard::notes:

3 Likes

Ah nice! I remember doing Czerny! I thought it was just really boring when I did it as a child. But in the end, it pays off and I’m so glad that I’ve done it! You are awesome, keep going!

3 Likes

This is great news!
Congratulations @SkinnyMe!

2 Likes

Well done @SkinnyMe

2 Likes

That, I am. Thank you.

I took an eight year sabbatical from the Adult Alfred books (because they got too hard for me), and just focused on playing increasingly difficult pieces. Now, recently, I’ve started up where I left off (around the middle of the third Adult Alfred book (there are only three). The book is a bit easier on me now so, I think I should be able to eventually finish it.

2 Likes

well done, i can barely read the notes now, halfway through the beginners book and not practicing much if at all :frowning: i had dreams of being a pianist but i guess i just havent got the patience to learn, :frowning:

1 Like

It doesn’t take patience. It takes all out commitment, perseverance, and hard work. It doesn’t take patience because you are NEVER done learning. You are always a piano student no matter where you are in your piano career. The learning never stops.

2 Likes

i have none of those things :frowning: i thought a charity was going to help me but i didnt hear back from them, so i kind of gave up,

I dont know why i am having so much trouble learning bc i am able to do other things, it wasnt a phase bc i still want to play, i guess my motivation is not strong enough, i remember my pal was coming over for a session and we played a duet but he hasnt been over for a long time, my neighbour plays keyboard in a band but i dont feel right going round (i dont know him very well) and he also has sz.

I’ve only played in a duet about three times total in my fourteen years of piano practice. I’ve been practicing solo for the last fourteen years. I learn with the help of a masters prepared piano teacher. I take an hour long lesson every week with him. It has all been very worth it.

I don’t feel the need to play in a band. I only want to play piano masterworks by the great composers of the past and present. And that is exactly what I am now doing.

2 Likes

i would get more lessons but its expensive, maybe i will but i’d need to pay for a block of ten lessons about £200

1 Like

And, what’s more, I don’t even feel the need for an audience. I’m happy just playing for myself.

2 Likes

i’d be happy doing that, i like mood music and i’d love to play some really beautiful melancholy tunes that make me teary eyed lol

2 Likes

Oh, that sounds nice. When I was suicidal, I really liked mood music and I liked suicidal, hard rock. Anything to intensify my suicidal feelings. Now that I am of a happy, content, even mood, I like all music or no music but, I prefer not to listen to really sad music now.

2 Likes