How long did your smartphone last?

Recently I bought a new phone. My last smart phone is an OPPO. It only cost me 250$. It lasted for 4 and half year. I have to change it because its Ram/Rom are too small. It is 3/64GB。With more and more APPs installed in this OPPO phone, It’s processing was often stuck. Now I have a RealMe. It is Real Me X7 Pro, cost me around 300$. Pretty big Ram/Rom with 8/128GB, double speakers and a big battery 4500mAh. The best thing about this new phone is its fast recharge, namely 35minutes to complete.

I think this new phone will last at least 5 years as 8/128GB is big enough for me.

5 Likes

If you can make a phone last 4-5 years you’re doing well!

I got an iPhone 11 Pro last year, and I decided to get that phone due to Apple putting a lot of power inside that should hopefully make it keep up with the software for the next 4-5 years.

The longest I had a phone for was probably 3 years. The problem I had was the memory was only 32gb, and it ran out after a while, plus the battery would not last a whole day even with my limited use of it, which frustrated me into buying a new phone!

2 Likes

I’m on an original iPhone se that I’ve had for 3.5 years.

But I’m looking to upgrade.

2 Likes

I had androids for around 2 years. Now Iphone.

2 Likes

I have had 2 that lasted a couple of months, dropped them in the muk at work, then a truck ran over one

3 Likes

my iphone lasted 2 years but could have lasted longer if i take good care of it since i don’t call anyone and only text and surf the net

1 Like

My technological devices last for ever, memory is not much of a problem if you know how to clean it and get rid of the cached videos and images.

1 Like

My original google pixel is over 4 years old. It glitches lol 4 years of it getting wet and muddy tho

2 Likes

I like Chinese phones, I have a Xiaomi now 5000mah. Before that had a Samsung S9 for 2 years then gave it to my mother. Its battery started getting worse after over 2 years, its 3000mah.

2 Likes

my last phone is about 6 years old, the battery went bad on it so i upgraded but than i replaced the battery myself and i let my mom use it as a second phone

2 Likes

I have a 3 years old Pixel 2 XL, I found it 2 years ago infront of my house. They guy had already reported it as lost so the IMEI was blocked so he couldnt call it anymore. The sim card was no name it was weird. I hacked it and reseted it, now I use it at home with Wifi sometimes or when I need to charge my current phone. It got Android 11 months ago.

2 Likes

My new Xiaomi phone doesn’t even have Android 11 yet lol

2 Likes

Still on a galaxy s10. Been going strong for nearly 2 years now. No desire to upgrade, i only wanted it for the fingerprint function so i could access my bills and bank, credit cards without remembering passwords.

Charge still holds for a day and a half. No flaming clue what android version its on lol.

1 Like

I had no idea Android did that.

My key chain on Apple devices has nearly 200 passwords contained! I like the Face ID on my phone too, as the internet banking and many other apps use it!

1 Like

Yeah i think most phones have it now. Never had an apple device, cos im too tight lol.

Upgraded my s10 to 128 gig for storage, but maybe i will upgrade if my vodafone contract offers a good deal.

My favorite cell phone was the iPhone 6, it lasted years.
Today I have an iPhone 11 and it seems like a solid phone that should last me a long time.

So far I really like it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.