New job, barely holding things together

I don’t know what to do right now. Last week I lost my job after missing two days of work due to mental health reasons. I was able to interview for and land a new job the same day I got fired which I thought was great, but I never really had time to process what happened. I started my new job right away without having any time to breathe. I barely received any training before they put my on my own(I’m now working front office in the dental field, used to work back office as an assistant) I’m beyond stressed about going back and working again tomorrow. I’m actually beginning to feel suicidal and having symptoms come up. I’ve been trying to get ahold of my mom all weekend and she hasn’t been answering my calls, I don’t know anybody down here where I live. I don’t have any support system around me. I literally feel like I’m about to break. I honestly don’t know what to do. I have to hold things together for this new job, but I don’t know how to work 40 hours a week, I used to barely cope at 32 hours a week. What am I going to do?

You might have to give up work completely for the sake of your health.

1 Like

I can’t afford to not work. How would I pay my bills? Even if I got on disability disability pays crap like $700 a month that’s what my rent costs alone.

1 Like

If it’s making you suicidal then you can’t continue working.

Can you move back in with your parents so you don’t have to pay rent ?

2 Likes

No I can’t live with my parents for many reasons. I’m also currently 1200 miles away from all family.

1 Like

Its really your choice, many users here are happy on disability.

How many years have you worked? Disability pay according to how much you’ve put into it through your job.

@CoCo what country are you in? And I’ve been working for the past four years.

1 Like

I’m from the USA. How about you? I’m not sure you qualify for Ssdi if you’ve only worked 4 years.

I’m young, I’m only 22 that’s why I’ve only worked 4 years. And yes I’m from the USA as well.

1 Like

If you’d like to keep your current job, I’d suggest you talk to the manager right away about your workload and/or work requirements. You may need to disclose some things, either your mental health status or that you just came from another job. Feeling stressed is no picnic; I understand how you feel and I can empathize with your situation. But you need to communicate your situation.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.