New doctor, new program and scared

I’ve just switched over to accepting services from my state department of health and welfare and I’m really nervous. I met with my new social worker twice now and on Wednesday I have an hour and a half long appointment with their prescriber. My social worker informed me they would probably take me off of my Klonopin because they don’t normally prescribe benzos. That change alone has me super nervous, I get really bad panic attacks and the Klonopin has really helped to take the edge off of my anxiety. Do you think I have any fighting chance of staying on it?

I’m just really nervous for the whole thing. This new program is going to manage my medications for me and I’ll come weekly and pick up my medications for the week. It’s a lot more intensive of a program than I’m used to. Has anyone ever gone through a program like this? Any positive experiences?

hopefully they won’t take you off of it without replacing it with something else,

an hour and half meeting, geez, I guess they don’t take chances.

1 Like

Well turns out I didn’t need to worry for my appointment. It actually went pretty smoothly. She’s taking me off of Zyprexa and puttting me on Abilify. So now I’ll be on Abilify, Geodon, Lithium, Klonopin and Benztropine. I’m really anxious to see if the Abilify will help at all or not.

3 Likes

Hang in there. We’ve all been there and it’s important to remember that it can take 6 weeks or longer to get the best benefits from the medication. It’ll all sort itself out so have some faith and take what’s prescribed.

Benzo’s are great, short acting drugs to take the edge off of anxiety. Downside is they are addictive and not that effective as you build up tolerance. If you need them. One under the tongue and let it dissolve. It’ll hit your bloodstream quicker. Don’t ever stop them abrubptly but work on getting off them one day. Today probably isn’t a good one but long term you do better without them!

1 Like

I’m so miserable and irritable right now. I don’t know if it’s the Abilify causing this or what. Last night the voices were so bad, telling me people were going to kill me and that I deserved it because I was so worthless. I didn’t have this distinct voices on Zyprexa. I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to talk to anyone, I just want to be left alone. I feel like I hate everyone, what even is going on?

Are you doing street drugs or anything?

I got relief after 2 days being on antipsychotic.

I’m not sure why this is happening.

No I’m not on any drugs. I don’t drink either.

Did they take you off zyprexa cold turkey ? Also what dose of abilify are you on ? Is it 10mg or higher ? Because less than 10mg isn’t an antipsychotic just an antidepressant.

1 Like

It will take some time to adjust @Hanna_Foxx.
Try to be patient.

Good luck!

Yes cold turkey off the Zyprexa. And I’m on 10 mg of the Abilify

1 Like

I take 10 mg of Abilify daily. It’s helped me with most symptoms though everyone reacts differently to different meds. I hope you feel better soon.

I’m weaning off Klonopin and I took my last dose of it tonight. I have a Narcotics Anonymous sponsor now and he doesn’t approve of benzos or opioid prescriptions. I haven’t had any anxiety yet, but if I do I will try to live with it or ask for a prescription that isn’t a benzo or opioid.

Still feeling pretty miserable. I’ve stopped sleeping, the voices are still really bad. I got my dose upped from 10mg to 15mg I just want to be done with Abilify. I know it hasn’t been that long though.

In my opinion, cold turkey, is causing you to have worsening systems. When switching meds, my son has always had to wean off current med slowly, or his psychosis comes back. Talk to them about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.