New Diagnosis

I few weeks ago I posted I was hopeful I could get a new diagnosis and maybe get a doctor to sign me off to fly.

The last time I saw my doctor he said he thought I had a trauma disorder and said my diagnosis was CPS. I got hopeful and thought that was something new. I had never heard of that before so I was hopeful.

But it turns out CPS just stands for Chronic paranoid schizophrenia. So not really a new diagnosis.

I think I am going to give up on flying again. It’s a useless dream and an unattainable goal.

1 Like

That’s how I feel about going back into nursing, and about becoming a famous composer. I just gave up on the ideas. “Useless dreams and unattainable goals” like you say, @TomCat. Now, I’m just concentrating on learning to play my instrument (digital piano).

1 Like

@TomCat

If your old diagnosis was paranoid schizophrenia then you do have a new diagnosis.

Schizophrenia is chronic, but Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenia manifests from hallucinatory thoughts as opposed to paranoid schizophrenia which manifests from delusions, especially delusions of persecution.

I know you have two pdocs (which I believe is a bad idea). Did they both diagnose you with CPS?

1 Like

Chronic paranoid schizophrenia used to be my diagnosis so it’s not something new really.

But according to the DSM 5 there aren’t variants anymore. It’s just plain schizophrenia. So I was surprised to hear that again.

This is from my VA doctor. It’s only the second time I have ever seen him. He is new to me. My civilian doctor I have never read her notes. I don’t know what she thinks I have on paper. I have never asked but I get treated for schizophrenia.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you have to give up your dream of flying, that must be a hard pill to swallow. I hope you can come to a place of peace with it soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.