New addition: Buspar/Buspirone 💊

Hi peeps,

Just wondering if any of you guys have experience with Buspar/Buspirone.

Was just recently prescribed this med for anxiety reasons and was wondering how folks feel about it.

(For reference, I’m supposed to take 5mg twice a day.)

Thanks so much :dizzy:

6 Likes

I just had it last month I personally didn’t like it but like anything else it’s different for everyone.

2 Likes

I take 60mg a day. I find it helps my anxiety. :cat::cat::cat:

3 Likes

Thank you for your replies @Turtle43 and @GrayBear :+1:

4 Likes

I hope your anxiety goes down with time. Anxiety sux!!! (I get it too)

1 Like

Thanks @Zoe, hope your anxiety gets better soon :dizzy:

1 Like

Thankyou. :slight_smile: time will tell, haha :rabbit2::rabbit2::rabbit2::smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m interested to see if it helps you. I have never tried it and I have very bad anxiety.

Do you take anything else for anxiety?

I take high dose gabapentin. @Schztuna

2 Likes

Is Buspar a benzo? I’ll be curious to see how it works out for you, @Schztuna

I currently take a small dose of Ativan as needed, but I would very much like to get off the benzo if I can.

Edit: I also take two big horse pills of NAC a day for anxiety – not sure how much it is helping though

2 Likes

Anxiety is truly awful @MintyFresh, I hope the Gabapentin is helping you with yours :+1:

Yes, I currently take Propranolol daily and also as a PRN, but my doctor thinks adding Buspar will help much more.

3 Likes

Wishing you the best in your tapering off the Ativan, @Tulane :+1:

I don’t think Buspar is a benzo, but it’s supposed to have calming effects from what my pdoc said. Hopefully she’s right!

2 Likes

Thank you and I hope the Buspar works well for you, too. I will try to remember to ask my pdoc about it, or similar non-benzo PRNs.

1 Like

Thanks! :dizzy:

I will say that if you have a lot of the physical symptoms of anxiety, Propranolol helps pretty decent with that stuff (also not a benzo). Could be worth checking out as well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hope it works for your anxiety. Does it work right away or over time?

2 Likes

Thanks @ThePoet :dizzy:

You know, I’m not really too sure how it works— imma google it :sweat_smile:.

Edit: wiki says two to six weeks to be active in one’s system.

2 Likes

I didn’t like buspar. I kept have nightmares on it. But everyone is different I hope it works for you.

3 Likes

Oh I see thanks for the info! Maybe I should try something like this. I was prescribed Ativan but I always avoided taking them because they’re benzos

1 Like

Thanks @Roxanna— sorry you didn’t have such a good go on the Buspar. I hope you’re doing much better now :+1:

2 Likes

Makes sense @ThePoet. Propranolol helps too (and it’s not a benzo), especially with the physical symptoms of anxiety (racing heart, etc), so it might be a decent med to think about as well.

I hope you find something that works well for you :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations tuna! I’ll try to remember those med names. When I talk to a doctor I might mention I want to try one.

1 Like