New AA Sponsor

Originally I went to AA for my drinking problem. My sobriety date is August 7, 2016, and that’s the time I started going to AA. Last October I started going to NA, primarily because the substance abuse councilor at my psychiatric care provider takes a van full of clients to NA on Mondays. A guy approached me at a meeting and gave me his number. He became my sponsor because I wanted one who used NA literature. NA considers alcohol a drug, btw. Well this NA sponsor chews me out several times for various reasons, and I am wary of him. I’m afraid to call him outside of my designated time of 830 to 9pm because he chewed me out once for calling at the wrong time. He stopped being my sponsor Thursday evening because I called my sister more than once a week. I was relieved when he dropped me. I’m back to going to AA meetings on my own now. At yesterday morning’s meeting, I got a new AA sponsor. So far he seems nice, but now I’m wary. My old AA sponsor wouldn’t return my call. For the time being I’m happy God was watching over me and lead me to a new sponsor.

4 Likes

That’s fantastic @ElGato !

1 Like

That’s great!
Good luck @ElGato!

1 Like

Congrats on your sobriety

1 Like

Keep on with your sobriety @ElGato. One day at a time!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.