Neuroplasticity

Brain plasticity, also known as neuroplasticity, is a term that refers to the brain’s ability to change and adapt as a result of experience . … Neuro refers to neurons, the nerve cells that are the building blocks of the brain and nervous system, and plasticity refers to the brain’s malleability.3

6 Likes

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a therapy you can use to help rewire your brain by teaching you about your thought patterns, how you think and how to change your thought habits. It works because neuroplasticity is real.

5 Likes

it does help the mind

I agree

1 Like

Yeah, I believe in this stuff.

There’s loads off apps and websites 4 it.

:brain:

2 Likes

quite amazing really in fairness

1 Like

I wish i got more of cognitive training than drugs that didnt help.

It takes time and practice to develop that. I think there are some vitamins that can enhance it too. for the most part, B-complex, caffiene, Niacine, ones that pass the BBB. If you are trying to naturally re-wire the brain, its more than just flexing the muscle, you have to nurture it too.

3 Likes

Fish oil also helps repair the brain.

2 Likes

I’m a big believer: after quitting smoking/drinking/getting fit.

It takes a long ass time though and people give up. Which is really unfortunate because it does work

2 Likes

Yeah, agreed!

I too believe in neuroplasticity. I think it requires complete sobriety. When I’ve been off meds with a doctor’s approval, sobriety was a requirement. It wasn’t until I began smoking cigarettes and drinking that I went bonkers. At this time I’ve been court ordered to take meds for at least two years. I wish I could try life without meds again but it’s not likely. I’ve finally come to accept that meds keep me stable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.