Nervous about pdoc appointment

I haven’t seen my pdoc in about 7 months, i’m worried he will yell at me for not seeing him enough. I have been having problems with depression, thinking of my mom with cancer is really bringing me down. I keep thinking i’m going to lose my mom. My mom isn’t helping matters saying Christmas was going to be her last and the time I spent down there was the last time she was going to see me.

I don’t see my new pdoc until march. so I hope the new one tweaks my meds. I doubt the old one will.

1 Like

you will be fine :heart:
sometimes we ’ worry ’ about things in the future.
but the future will arrive…when it arrives.
we cannot do much about it…
live in the moment…
you are brave you can do this :trophy:
take care :alien:

1 Like

I doubt that he will yell, but he may “remonstrate” some. P-docs are human, and they do get frustrated with patients even though most of them understand why patients don’t enjoy seeing them (or traking their meds).

Not being terse here, but we’re all going to lose our parents at some point. Concern about our parents is understandable, but worry about something we can’t do anything about may be counterproductive. Want some relief for that? Try these:

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – Psychotherapy | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness & scroll down
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing