Narrowing of interests

I’m struggling with this negative symptom right now. Yes, it makes my everyday life harder because I can only do the same activities over and over. But now its affecting my schoolwork and that’s really stressing me out. I have a big exam tomorrow which I haven’t studied for yet, the only thing stopping me is my inability to focus on anything other than posting on this forum and a few other limited activities. I feel so pathetic sitting here unable to open my schoolbag, I’ve already procrastinated beyond the point of no return, now I’m just trying to throw something together before the exam comes.

I feel like such a failure, there is no way I can make up all the lost ground tonight. I was supposed to start studying three hours ago but couldn’t bring myself to do it.

My problem solving is impaired, but when I really try hard I can do math problems. Still I make so many mistakes and am so dense.

I just can’t shift my focus to a wider range of activities, my mind is so simple and loves repetition now after getting sz. So basically I am (fucked) and my life is (shit). There is no hope for me and I am doomed to fail at everything I try.

Sorry for the stupid rant, I don’t need advice really, I stand no chance of ever getting things done and living a full life.

2 Likes

Oh man! I’m so sorry. That just totally sucks. I’ll just pray for a hail Mary that’s all I can do.

2 Likes

Sorry you are not feeling well.

Maybe you just need some inspiration and checking back why you started in the first place.

1 Like

I started doing some stuff and got the ball rolling, I think I might actually get some studying done tonight. Maybe, I’ll even pass! Things are looking up.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.