My therapist missed our appointment today and I'm upset

My therapist didn’t call today at our scheduled time so I called the office. The receptionist said there were no notes in my file and she didn’t know why my therapist didn’t call. The receptionist routed me to therapist voicemail. I hung up with out leaving a message because I know I won’t get a call back anyway.

I have other scheduled appointments with her in coming weeks so it’s cool. I’m just mad I missed an appointment today. I need therapy!! I need weekly therapy! Ugh. Now I guess I’m throwing a written tantrum.

2 Likes

I would be a bit pissed off too. That’s just unprofessional. How is she otherwise? Does she help?

1 Like

I really like her as a person. I’ve invested a lot of time with her. But no, I’m not completely satisfied as a client. I know she can’t wave a wand and fix my problems but… No I’m just not happy is the short answer to your question. She tries. She’s not awful. I just would feel really bad if I left her.

1 Like

that sucks… tell her next time that you didn’t like that she didn’t warn you that she couldn’t do the appointment…

2 Likes

It’s not easy to start over… Maybe you can say something to her, it seems appropriate to bring it up

1 Like

Agreed. 15151515

Yes, I suppose I could practice my assertiveness. One of the things we have been working on together. probably would be good real world practice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.