My son refuses medicine

My son has been having hallucinations. Thinks I’m putting drugs in the food and it’s making him have hallucinations. He has a episode and damaged slot of stuff in my apartment. He is now in the juvenile detention center. The councilor was talking to him and he was not lucid. She called Christopher’s lawyer who came down and agreed. Said the things he was saying wasn’t making sense. Crises people came but Christopher denied having hallucinations etc. And said he will not take medicine. He truly believes I’m making him have hallucinations. I don’t know how to help him. Does anyone have any feedback?

My son is 17. He’ll be 18 in August.

If a psyche ward gets ahold of him. He will get treatment.

Part of the illness is to think you don’t have a problem… that’s what I suffer through when I’m not lucid

Hopefully he will go to the psych ward.
There he will get the treatment he needs.
He may have to get involuntarily committed.
Especially if he’s becoming a danger to himself or others.

My heart goes out to you @Steph

1 Like

When I’m talking to a mentally ill person who is out there, I understand well enough what he is saying. I want to concentrate on the mentally ill person hearing and understanding, what I am saying.

Schizophrenia is not a sprint. Schizophrenia is a long haul more aptly compared to a marathon.

There are plenty of people who are not compliant with their medications. Something like 20 % of people with heart conditions don’t follow their doctors orders. For schizophrenics, the percentage goes way up on noncompliance. If one doesn’t see himself as needing medication, naturally he won’t want to take some weird pills.

I’m a schizophrenic noted for my insight. But self-understanding doesn’t come all at once. At least for me, my insight came in discreet bits and bites.

For an example of a bit or bite of insight, I once said to my Mom, “Why do I have to take this medication?” And she replied , “Well for one thing, it’ll help you sleep better.”

In a flash of self honesty, I realized I wasn’t sleeping right and hadn’t been sleeping right for a long time.

Jayster

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.