My pdoc said moving around and walking is supposed to make arthritis feel better

I told him I walked too much last Thursday, and my arthritis was hurting worse. He said walking is supposed to help you feel better, not worse.

Am I crazy that it hurts worse after I walk?

No, you are not crazy. Often, walking really exacerbates my pain.

I also have a chronic condition myself.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon10648258. I just don’t know what to think about what he said.

Although he is right about having some exercise can improve arthritis, too much exercise can hurt your joints.

You have to be incredibly careful with exercise. Always do an amount that will be therapeutic.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon10648258

1 Like

Exercise is good for aching joints. But there are days when your swelling won’t allow you to exercise. On those days, do a short walk just to keep your body moving.

1 Like

I have good days and bad days, some days hurts too much to walk, other days i’m ok, I work 5 days a week, keeps me moving

1 Like

Swimming is great for joint pain if it hurts too much to walk. It will ease the joint and muscle pains. I recommend it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mountainman @CoCo @anon78876561

2 Likes

The medical assistant (nurse) at my psychiatric care provider got me a cane to walk with. It helps some.

1 Like

That was nice that they helped you get a cane. I hope it helps

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo

1 Like

I totally agree with this statement.
Some movement is good for your joints.

Too much movement can hurt you in the end @anon54988740

1 Like

Thanks @Wave. I guess I’m going to have to watch it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.