My parents have covid

Really worried, especially with my dad. They are in their upper seventies. He fell out of a tree and punctured a lung, then had open heart surgery two years ago. He has copd, too. I hope he can get the antibody infusion, like I did. It helped me significantly. I’m just really worried about them. They are fully vaccinated with boosters, so maybe they will be okay.

11 Likes

I’m sorry.

That’s a lot to worry about,

But your parents sound pretty tough and they’ve had their vaccines.

I think that’ll help a lot.

2 Likes

Yes, they’ve been through a lot. I know they have a lot going for them, so I’ll try not to worry. They live out in the country, so they can’t get things delivered to them. But they are also self sufficient, so they are stocked up with necessities. Plus they have a huge garden so they have access to fresh food. They treat every day like it’s the apocalypse. Lol. Their adult grandchildren live close by, so they can make sure to help them if need be. Sometimes I wished I lived closer. I feel really helpless right now.

4 Likes

Wishing your parents a quick recovery.

My dad had a heart attack last year and has lowered immune system and got covid but he was fine.
My mum had it too but she and my grandma were in bed for a few days.

My 90 year old grandma recovered from it.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear, @sweetpotatofries. It’s good that they are vaxxed, though. Hopefully, that will mean their cases will be more mild. (hugs)

1 Like

Thanks. It’s good to hear stories of elderly people making it through.

4 Likes

Oh, yes, mine too! My 90 y/o grandma got it and the only real problem she had was that she had to sleep for like a week. She was exhausted, but was OK!

1 Like

Thank you for the reassurance. I need to hear it. @Blossom

1 Like

I hope it will be okay with your parents.

Hopefully they get the best treatment that they could do with.

1 Like

I’m considered “medically fragile” courtesy of my heart condition and I have survived two rounds with it now. Just felt like I wouldn’t survive that one week - really awful.

1 Like

Hopefully they will be fine.
Sending prayers your way

1 Like

I hope they get the treatment if they need it and that they’re ok. They sound pretty resilient

1 Like

I am so sorry this happened…

1 Like

I hope they come through it fast.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this bad news. Wish your parents get the treatment they need and recover soon.

1 Like

I am sending all my good thoughts your way.

1 Like

I hope they feel better soon.

1 Like

I hope your parents recover quickly.

1 Like

We just got through covid and dad has serious lung issues. Asthma and copd. He did better than me. I’m thinking we got a less serious strain of the covid and thankfull. Hope your parents have a similar experience. If you’ve got your vaccinations I think it helps heaps as it moves through the population.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.