My niece Madison has crippling RA...going though infusions

costing her and my mom a small fortune for the deductibles but my young niece, Maddy, I call her is in severe pain and torment over this at such a young age…she’s like 27 or 28 I forget which…way too ■■■■■■■ young to have to deal with this…she is already a cancer survivor…sad sad about this.

rheumatoid arthritis.

4 Likes

I’m sorry @jukebox.
My thoughts are with her.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh. This is terrible news, and I’m so sorry your niece is goong through all this. She is too young. Do you guys think it may have been caused by her cancer or the treatment for it? Either way, I wish her well. Hopefully, the hospital has some sort of payment plan or something so that they will be okay financially.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, @jukebox.
What is the prognosis? I think my cousin has what your niece has but I’m not sure about the treatment she(my cousin) is getting

1 Like

I have ra, too, and it’s so awful. Luckily it’s not as bad now as it used to be. I haven’t had a flare in years. Though I think I may be at the beginning of one.

2 Likes

@LED I am really sorry to hear that you have it. madisons condition has just snowballed ever since about five years ago…the infusions are the only thing helping her now or she gets where she can hardly move.

2 Likes

For all the 27 years that I knew her my Grandmother hobbled around on crutches due to crippling RA. There’s no way I can compare my suffering to hers.

2 Likes

Yes, I have osteoarthritis and I think that is painful but it is nowhere near what the pain of RA is like. No comparison. I feel for your niece, @jukebox. Pr-yers go out for her.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe aww thank you so much !! we are very worried for her.

Same here. I was 20 when I was diagnosed & could barely function. I am 29 now & things are way better now thanks to biologics. I’m so sorry to hear about your niece. Seriously sending all my best vibes…RA is awful. <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.