My mom called me a "great man" today

I overheard her on the phone with a friend talking about me and not only am I “great” but I’m a “man” in her eyes. I think she was trying to make a point to her friend…like “oh he turned out to be a great man”…hard to explain, but still Felt good to hear.

On a worse note my uncles back in the hospital after a week out of it…he had a urinary tract infection and some other ailments I’m unaware about. Poor guy he’s a great man himself.

12 Likes

mom’s really mean it too, they’re not just saying it. just saying, Jon. And it’s nice to know you on here, so I can see how she said that.

4 Likes

I hope your uncle gets better soon.

Yeah moms know when a good one was created. I’m telling you, you have got the good karma rolling in.

1 Like

He’s been battling cancer for 25 years. He’s 80 I think? He’s one of the funniest men I’ve ever met. He’s not my uncle by blood. He’s my moms sisters husband. But it’s always felt like he’s blood related. Has a cheery attitude despite all the health problems he’s had. He owns a wig shop in New Rochelle, NY. It sounded pretty serious what happened to him today. He had a 102 degrees fever and wasn’t able to go for his new chemo treatment because he was too sick. Prayers go out to him.

first on my list tonite. He sounds like a good man to know.

1 Like

I second that motion :blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much for your kind notion hedgehog!!!

1 Like

It’s just the truth. I feel the same way about my son, so I know how your mom feels. It’s a pretty darn good feeling when a son is so wonderful. You should be proud of yourself! :heart:

1 Like

Sweet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning!!!

1 Like

Morning Jon. :smile: Flash just destroyed a roll of toilet paper, I only had two sips in my coffee and I want a cigarette!

1 Like

The coffee at aa was made so stroooong . It was an 830 meeting so late to drink coffee. I only had half a cup but enough to keep me awake all night!! But it’s ok I’m outside at my favorite spot hitting the e cig staring at the Stars’!!

1 Like

Enjoy the stars, I looked up to the moon, I’m going to watch the sunrise now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The moon is nice and big despite only being a half moon. It’s a big half moon :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

1 Like

I can’t see the sunrise, it’s cloudy :slight_frown: :sunrise:

I agree with your mum. You are a great man!

1 Like

I agree with daze. Knowing you from on here I can tell you really are a great man. You’re very intelligent too! You impress me. I’m glad I get to be your friend. :slight_smile:

And I’m sorry about your uncle!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.