My landlady is coming here and

I’m so scared she is going to not sign a new lease because my house is kind of messy. Not like a hoarder messy. Just I have two teenagers messy. She can’t evict me for it can she?

I don’t believe they evict for a messy house.

1 Like

They can’t evict you for it unless the mess is a threat to your health or the structure of the house, I think.
We’re talking hoarder level messy.

3 Likes

The laws are different for each state/country, but I believe @Pikasaur is right. Still, if cleaning will help your stress, go for it. It’s something you can control to affect the thing you’re worried about.

4 Likes

I had the Housing officer round years back to approve my secure tenancy for the Council Flat i live in - and my place was a bloody mess. I lived in the one room then with a mattress on the floor with empty baked bean cans surrounding the tv. But he never gave a toss. And im sure yours wont either. So long as the rents paid and you dont piss off the neighbours. Your All Good. :smiley:

1 Like

She just left and her only complaint was to get the deck shoveled because it’s so heavy and she didn’t want to be damaged. She also didn’t raise the rent!!

4 Likes

That’s fantastic! Congrats to you and yours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.