Stressing out

I have an appointment to sign a lease at my new apartment building this Monday, October 4th. I just gave my current landlord the rent for October and a 30 day notice I’m moving out. It’s Section 8, and I have to pay a full month’s rent with the 30 notice.

I’m stressing out some. I’m trying to clean out all my old stuff. The Terminix pest control guy told my new landlord he wouldn’t set foot in my current apartment building again. My new landlord asked me if I have bedbugs or roaches. I told her I don’t have bedbugs, but have a few roaches. She wants me to throw out most of my stuff, so that’s what I’m doing.

Anyway, I’m just afraid something wrong is going to happen. My knee (arthritis) is hurting from carrying stuff down to the dumpster. A guy is coming by to check my bed and recliner though.

1 Like

Moving is the most stressful thing you can do. It’ll be all done and dusted soon.

3 Likes

I hope so. Thanks @everhopeful

1 Like

Do you have a friend or family member who could help you with your stuff? Maybe they could help you toss what needs to be tossed and move what needs to be moved?

1 Like

No. I don’t have any friends who could help. My nearest family lives 1000 miles away. I pretty much on my own. My psychiatric care team is supposed to move what’s left of my stuff to my new place, using the clinic’s pickup truck.

1 Like

I moved in mid-April and it was hands down one of the worst experiences of my life.

Moving is super difficult.

The good news is, once all the misery is over, you’ve got a new place.

Just hold on.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon54386108

1 Like

I hope everything goes well for you!

1 Like

Thanks @TheCanuk

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.