My landlady is nuts

She called my case manager at my psych clinic and said there was a stench coming from my apartment. My case manager said if she writes me up, they would kick me out. My case manager is supposed to come by and check the conditions of my apartment. So also said I may have to hire someone to clean.

I came home from my clinic and tidied up a bit. I picked up the paperwork from the floor. Put some used tea bags sitting on the microwave in the trash. And put two dirty food bowls in the kitchen sink.

My landlady inspected my apartment last Thursday and told me the was the smell of dirty laundry in the apartment, she found a dead roach, and that I would have to mop sometime.

I mopped and did laundry last weekend, tidied up, washed the bed linens, and all dishes. I put my laundry into sealed plastic containers so it couldn’t be smelled.

This woman is totally nuts. I guess it’s good the my case manager is coming by, and she can tell me if it smells bad in here. The only thing I haven’t done is put Febreze on the fabric reclining chair and my mattress.

5 Likes

Good luck! I hope you get to the bottom of it

2 Likes

I’m going to ask so.ething that hasn’t been asked in your previous post on this.

Do you shower daily? Change clothes daily?

If not, then she may have smelled that.

5 Likes

Not daily. Every couple of days or so.

I glad my case manager is coming over. She can tell me if so. I don’t personally smell anything.

1 Like

That does sound overbearing. They can kick you out for that? In my supported living house they can’t do anything even if the house is a mess, which I admit it gets. The only thing they can kick you out is if you damage the property or don’t let the annual gas check people in and mess with the smoke alarms.

2 Likes

I’m just hoping to be out of here this winter. My friend wants to share a place, but he isn’t old enough to live here. This place is for seniors, 62 or older. I’m waiting to see if he’s serious or not.

I was at my psych clinic all day today, and wasn’t at home when she called my case manager, so it couldn’t have been me she was smelling if she was in here today.

2 Likes

It probably does smell in there.

My apartment smelled bad so I washed one comforter and threw out the other one.

2 Likes

I’ve had a couch in my room for 12 years and doesn’t smell.

1 Like

That could be. I have a comforter I hadn’t washed in a while.

@anon54988740 do you open your windows to let your room air-out?

2 Likes

I did after she inspected me, but not before she came.

1 Like

She just could be a ■■■■■ and has it in for you
Have you ever bumped heads with her in the past @anon54988740?

Mentally I’ll people are constant targets and scapegoats

Do what you have to do and try not to worry about it too much

Good luck

3 Likes

Your landlady sounds very anal.

3 Likes

How does a landlady have so much power?

We would go say go fk themselves in Britain. Take us to court!

1 Like

I use a little wax warmer with a nice scent to give my apartment a bit of a good smell when it’s time for inspections. They don’t cost very much and there’s all kinds of nice scents that you can use. They work better than Febreeze in masking minor odors.

2 Likes

I’m surprised your land lady has the ability to call your case manager in the first place. I didn’t know there were inspections in apartments.

That said, I’m glad your case manager can go to your apartment and give you helpful feedback. I don’t think the cock roach is your fault. Anyway, I don’t like your landlady. I would think they would want to work with you. I’m sorry you want to move. I thought I saw you post you had a payment from the cost of moving last time or you did recently. I was hoping that would be gone and you’d have more breathing room in your budget. I hope this get resolved positively.

3 Likes

Thanks. I just finished paying back the loan I took out to move here.

2 Likes

Ok great! I’d hate for you to have to take out another one. Anyway, I understand why you would want to move. It’s a bummer though. You have been so happy there.

1 Like

It’s 2:53pm and my case manager hasn’t come by yet. The latest in the Saga in this story is today between 11:00am and noon she pulled the circuit breaker on my apartment, and I don’t have any ceiling lights on. These are games children play. I guess she’s just a child in a 50 year old body.

But I have a pole light in my bedroom plugged into the electrical outlet that’s still working. Likewise there’s a table lamp in the living room. I have a battery operated electric lantern I can use in the bathroom and kitchen. I’m not going to play this game with her.

1 Like

How do you know she pulled it and it didn’t just flip? Sometimes they do that.

2 Likes