Schizophrenia.com

My IQ is equivalent to that of a third grader

At 69. Paradoxical that I know paradoxical. Not many third graders know that word.

4 Likes

You seem smart to me.

1 Like

Nowadays your IQ is based on a comparison to those of the same age/age range as you.

I had an IQ of 125 when I was tested at University in 2012

When I did a test recently, it was 85

That doesn’t make any sense…having an IQ of a 3rd grader. Plenty of 3rd graders have very high IQ’s.

69 is equivalent to someone with intellectual disabilities… grade school level is irrelevant.

2 Likes

My shoe size and my IQ are the same number. Makes it easy to remember.

4 Likes

I am sure sz lowered my IQ considerably. My grades in university went down from like A- to C+ or B but somehow I never failed a class and I graduated. Though I didnt have the grades to specialize or do master.

My grades started dropping at the end of college. Highest grades were in college science, math/physics/chemistry 95+% average. I failed French twice but third time I got the best grade in my class, 86% average.

I am 100% sure that the meds and negative symptoms lowered my grades.

1 Like

A 69 IQ means the person has an intellectual disability. Third graders don’t all have a low intellectual ability. In face many are very intelligent. The testing for a child is different than the testing for an adult.

I should rephrase my mental ability is on average with most 3rd grader or 10 years old.

https://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/ustat/ustat0301-01.htm

Maybe I am intellectual disabled? The psychologist who did my IQ test had my school reports and in that webpage I post it stays its impossible to fake ID. I thought I faked everything.

Recently seen a new psychologist and she wrote in report that I did indeed have a intellectual disability and also lack capacity with my finances.

I still have thoughts I faked everything.

Typical AP’s totally destroy any creativity I have. Geodon and Seroquel have some disconcerting side effects, but at least I am not a zombie when I am on them.

1 Like

You seem very lucid and intelligent to me. I think that IQ can vary among us sz’s. I’m very skeptical that you have an IQ of just 69. I think IQ is over rated anyway.

3 Likes

My iq is always. 124.

Yea hmm have you ever had a job or are you on disability? I don’t think it’s a big deal. If you get disability enjoy it! Like everybody’s different. I don’t judge people based on IQ I don’t think anybody should. Also your vocabulary is not bad if that is your IQ. IQ is basically just some psychologist know it all testing ■■■■■■■■ anyway I’ve met a lot of idiots with high IQ scores!!

We have no control over how intelligent we are. It’s down to the environmental & genetic lottery of life. It’s what we do with what we’ve got that marks us as good and worthy people or not.