My grief surprises me

I was just listening to “fool to cry” by the rolling stones and started bawling…I am not over my dad I don’t think…now I feel better suddenly but I had to change the music.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, man. Losing your dad is tough. The grieving process is a long road, and I don’t believe it ever fully heals, and existentially speaking I don’t know if it should heal. One day you’ll listen to a song or watch a movie and instead of sadness you’ll be hit with a fond memory.

Stay strong, my dude.

1 Like

You’ll never be completely over your dads passing. You’ll just learn to accept it and keep moving forward. Hang in there.

2 Likes

The grief never completely goes away, but with the passing of time it does get more tolerable @jukebox

My Mother passed away in 2019 and I still miss her but the heartbreaking grief has faded

2 Likes

thanks everyone…yes, I lost my grandparents, both sets over the years and it seems to still hurt even now…

2 Likes

Man i would never get over losing my dad. he’s getting up there at 70. I would just flash on back to duck duck goose games or dad’s days when i was four or losing the deodorant in hide and seek forever. or the house we all grew up in. I may have to prepare something to say when he dies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.