My eyesight is getting slightly worse 👓

I don’t wear :eyeglasses: at the moment. I’ll try to put off getting them for as long as possible. But I do feel it’s now a matter of when.

It’s a pity because my eyesight was something I was proud of.

4 Likes

I’ve worn glasses for a long time and don’t like contacts that much but will wear them for my wedding but I know how you feel… As a child I had no choice now my eye site is so bad I have no choice I mean I could put in my contacts everyday but it’s annoying… Maybe I should wear my contacts more often… Idk

1 Like

I got my eyes tested this morning, ordered glasses 700.00 :sob: 2 pairs, reading and driving

1 Like

Wah. That’s very expensive.

2 Likes

@Mountainman. That is an awful lot for two pairs of glasses?

2 Likes

Not sure, not a lot to choose from here another place wanted 360 for one pair and they were plastic

Have you tried zenni? They’re a lot cheaper.

1 Like

@Mountainman. Medicaid gives me $2 options and that includes eye exam… Idk how much it’ll cost when I am off medicaid

I’m in Canada, and no insurance for eye or dental, plus i need the glasses fast for my drivers Lic renewal, They passed me to drive with glasses

2 Likes

Interesting that we should get back to yesterdays subject, but apparently taurine is the most abundant amino acid in the eyes, so supplementing might be beneficial for eye sight as well.

1 Like

@Mountainman in the future zennioptical.com has good quality glasses for a tenth the cost.

1 Like

No shame in needing glasses @everhopeful
Will make you look distinguished :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Even I wear glasses.

4 Likes

Yes, combined with my grey beard maybe people will think I’m a professor lol !

5 Likes

I’m the same way. I have 7 brothers and sisters and they have all worn glasses since before kindergarten, but I magically have perfect eyes.

Or had. I have an eye exam next month because I think I finally need glasses.

I wore glasses for a few months after I had my daughter, but after like 3 months they went back to normal.

But I think I’m finally getting old enough that I need glasses now. :sob:

1 Like

Maybe you could get those glasses with the different shapes lenses. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Mine is too. Along with my hearing and arthritis pain. No doubt about it. I am getting old. I turned 61 yesterday.

I want those! Zenni had a pair that I think I’m going to get if I end up needing glasses.

1 Like

I had lasik in 2016, my eyesight is still good.

I felt scamed by the Dr, he did the lasik in less than 5 min and took 600$CA cash. It was only in one eye as my right eye has always been good.

Hell I want to make 600$ every 5min lol

1 Like