My doctor didn't trust me

There’s been a lot of talk about not trusting the doctor, but it occurred to me today that I have had a problem with a doctor not trusting me !

I have heard that the people with the most prejudice against us is the pdocs. is this true?

I don’t know, but I do know that my first pdoc did more harm than good because he did not trust me. And my teen physician, too. And so on and so forth.

This is not true with my therapist so much anymore, but I find that many therapists stereotype and many do not know how to deal with severe mental illnesses. Psychiatrists because of their medical background pretty much know enough about us - but in general stigma does exist among mental health professionals

2 Likes

hi. my therapist is good in that way but my old pdoc seemed to harbor something against me and I tried so hard to please him and others in my life.

I didn’t know what he wanted and was too ill to know how to ask.

it doesn’t sit well in my mind.

judy

My doctor who is a physicians assistant wrote down my super hero name, Ambivilous pots.

I do not think it is about not trusting you. He views you from a outside perspective and is knowledged in treatment and probably does what he has to do to get you better.

Every time my psychiatrist sees a patient he calculates profit on top of his savings.

I’ve had a few pdocs that I’ve butted heads with, she threw me in the hospital because she took everything literal and had no sense of humor whatsoever. I would say she didn’t trust me and it made me so non compliant out of spite.
Once I was given the wrong meds from the pharmacy (an injectable rather than pills) and she had such a fit when I told her I hadn’t taken my meds-because I couldn’t get it out of the bottle (I wasn’t doing as well as she had hoped) so she pulled some sample meds out of her desk saying if I didn’t take them in front of her she would stand on my head and force them down my throat.
I couldn’t wait to get out of there.