Most vivid hallucination

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their most vivid hallucinations with me. I just recently had a bad one and I’d be open to talking about it. My father doesn’t want to hear it so I have literally no one to go to about this but you guys. Thx :slight_smile:

Go ahead @roketdog. I am here to listen if you want me to.

2 Likes

thank you so much @jimbob. I don’t have many friends. Just the other day I was napping right before church and my grandma woke me up because I had passed out on the couch. (i think my mix of medication makes me really tired - abilify, lamotrogine, trileptal, seroquel- ) I woke up in a dream like state and my house was super dark and structured completely different and the walls were bending and my kitchen was stretched out to the size of a ballroom and there were people in the corners whispering my name over and over again and when i got up the stairs (somehow) i snapped out of it. I’m really scared. I think it was one of my scariest most vivid experiences. I can remember it so clearly but other parts are just a blur. :confused:

1 Like

Sounds horrible. It would have freaked me out. Has anything happened since?

Is hard to say what that experience was. Could have been a dream, maybe a hallucination or something in between. You are on a lot of sedating meds. Either way it wasn’t real and you did the right thing coming here - people here are supportive. I have problems getting family members to understand my xperiences.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, family members don’t get it. Trust me, I know. Thank you for everything and no I haven’t had an experience since then, just the usual voices. They told me their names and I don’t know how I feel about it. Most names don’t even suite them correctly so I just call them all stupid

1 Like

They are stupid. I can confuse my occasional voices by saying stupid things. They don’t like that!

Good to hear you are feeling better now. Like I say these things aren’t real - but I appreciate they can be horrible anyway.

1 Like

lol I could confuse them but mine tend to scream a lot if I piss them off, like when I take my meds

1 Like

I’ve only ever had few hallucinations. most of them being smells and tastes… but I heard a voice tell me ‘good girl, good girl’ after being convinced to kill myself by my uncontrollable thought… I’ve explained before but I can again, it’s almost as if I have 2 different thought processes, one in which I can control and the other I can’t, which more than not seems to be working against me (really an issue when I’m freaking out about people hearing my thoughts.) I have intrusive images and thoughts though, random thoughts and pictures will appear in my head like a snap of a finger that are completely irrelevant to anything. the pictures range, and there’s actually been one time where I had a full blown level 5 intrusive image where I watched a man (looked like he was from 1940) standing outside my front door and he was holding a tube of what seemed to be toothpaste, and he ate it. I opened my eyes and I was in my bed, completely awake the whole time.
probably wasn’t much help but :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I relate with not wanting to vent anywhere but here

1 Like

there is a few minutes before you fall asleep, that’s when I get it, mice crawling up my leg in bed,

jumping up, nothing there.

It’s not schizophrenia. I don’t know, they have a term for it.

1 Like

Wow… don’t listen to the voices telling you to mill yourself. tell them that they’re stupid, that’s what I do. You’re hallucination sounds very odd escpecially the tooth paste part but I’ve had very odd things happen as well. I know what you mean about the irrelevant pictures, I get that too @eyeofRa

1 Like

I’ve never hallucinated mice before. I’d probably scream. :slight_smile:

yeah, I’m in farm country, kind of.

Welcome to the Forum, @roketdog!!..

Always nice to see some new faces! :sunny:

1 Like

thank you so much :sunny:

1 Like

Lemme guess…sometimes you feel like you’re going to explode and take off with all of your pent-up energy. That’s the ‘roket’ part. At other times you feel like a lost ‘dog’ baying at the moon.

Hence…Roketdog!

Eh? Huh??

(I also do Tarot and palm reading on the side) :wink:

2 Likes

Okay…OKAY! I don’t do Tarot or palm reading.

But I recognize a bad haircut when I see one. Hey! Everyone’s got a gift, right?

1 Like

hahaha! nice guess :joy: but no rocket was the name of my dog when I was a little kid :’) I miss him so much so I use him as my username for like everything haha

1 Like

I think my most vivid hallucination happened during a night when I got no sleep at all. Like I got out of bed and went into the bathroom and then suddenly everything turned red and my toilet started telling me to shut the ■■■■ up even though I wasn’t saying anything. I told it to ■■■■ off and then went into the hallway across from my room and saw a large dark figure of a man who looked like he was wearing a fedora and then turned around and saw another dark figure of what looked like a girl about my height with long dark hair. Then I just walked into my room and laid down in bed and kept reminding myself that none of it was real and it was all just in my head. I can’t afford to pull all nighters anymore so I always try to get my sleep schedule on track now.

1 Like

Probably my most vivid hallucination wasn’t a bad one.

I saw a giant iguana with a glittery body and a big black head walk along my parents verandah and sit down at the table I was sitting at.

It wasn’t scary so much as fascinating to me.

But the horrible vivid ones are truly horrific.

Sorry you are going through this @roketdog All the best in your recovery.

1 Like

I saw a demon coming out of the wall last year and I commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus.
It looked frightening but was afraid of me, too, and disappeared back into the wall.

1 Like