Most effective med for OCD?

I suffer from pretty big OCD and it gives me a lot pf anxiety and I can barely function sometimes. Anyone tried some meds that are useful for OCD?

I tried many antidepressant for OCD (especialy.)
Zoloft is the best for anxiety (and maybe OCD too.)
It’s subjective of course.
It’s a bit sedative but not too much.
Prozac (and other very stimulants.) made me feel too high.

Zoloft and prozac were definitely helpful in my case.

Another vote for zoloft. That, combined with therapy, helped me most. All meds aren’t equal for everyone though, but its definitely worth a conversation with your psychiatrist.

1 Like

Luvox was designed specifically for OCD. It’s similar to the SSRIs, and it might be worth you investigating it.

I’ve been on Luvox before, but my OCD was too stubborn. I might try it again. That was nearly twenty years ago.

Next month I’m going to probably start taking Anafranil if we can get my insurance to pay for it. It’s supposed to be really good for ocd. I’m struggling and I need help.

I’ve been on clomipramine for my OCD worked well.

I suffer from OCD , been on clomipramine, fluvoxamine and sertraline but sertraline worked well for me considering the side effects. Clomipramine and fluvoxamine gave me terrible side effects but Sertraline(Zoloft) was well tolerated. So one more vote for Zoloft.

Zoloft helped me with the intrusive thoughts.

The most effective medication for me was celexa, but it still didn’t help a whole lot at the highest dose. So then we tried zoloft, and that helped even less. Now I’m trying prozac which will hopefully help more. I’m struggling real hard here lately with my OCD and anxiety.

Play dual n back app which trains working memory which helps in ocd, anxiety, depression etc.

I would recommend NAC(N-acetyl-cysteine). It is a natural supplement without sideeffects. I have been on it a few months and seems to work for me. However don’t expect instant relief. It could take a few months of supplementing to get full effect.