Mirror glaze chocolate cake

Oh boy, this was an absolute adventure to make! I thought I had white chocolate chips, but after making the entire mousse, I discovered they were in fact whites chocolate candy melts, which contain palm kernel oil instead of cocoa butter. It usually doesn’t make much difference, so I didn’t think to check, and everything separated and got chunky. So, instead of mousse, I just threw on a layer of buttercream and froze the whole cake.

Then, I created the mirror glaze. It takes a LOT of patience while you heat it for a half hour, stirring constantly, and then let it cool for another hour, checking the temperature every five minutes until it’s exactly the right temperature for pouring over the cake. I failed, because I tried to make a marblized pink, yellow, and blue topping. But the colors mixed too badly, and it turned out vaguely greenish-gray. Anyways, I present to you my very first attempt at making a mirror glaze cake!

15 Likes

Are those robots on the side of the cake?

I think it looks great,

Very marble like.

2 Likes

Hey that’s a good cake! Can I have a digital slice?

1 Like

They’re LEGO people!

3 Likes

I WAS GOING TO SAY :heart_eyes_cat:

Bet it’s delicious, even if the glaze effect isn’t what you envisioned.

1 Like

Amazing cake even if it didn’t turn out the way you wanted !! yummm…

1 Like

Damn, that looks really good @Ninjastar , good stuff !

1 Like

Good going @Ninjastar!
Looks delicious!

1 Like

That cake looks delicious, I wish I can have a slice. I love the colors that you’ve used.

1 Like

Lookin really good, @Ninjastar. Looks delish! Can we all have a piece?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.