Minimalism

” the goal of minimalism isn’t to own the fewest number of things possible, the goal is to own just the right amount of things to focus our priorities on our greatest passion. I don’t want my possessions to be a burden to my life—whether in abundance or lack ”

I dont understand Why you should have the most expensive cars and stuff.

Im a bit minimalist. I dont like having a lot stuff.

Are you a minimalist or any thoughts on it?

7 Likes

I don’t know if I’m a minimalist or not, but I don’t own a lot of stuff anymore. Sold a bunch of stuff while psychotic, so that accounts for some of it.

I usually only buy things that are useful in way way or another. Not really much for decorations and the like. I like things I can use.

3 Likes

Minimalist. But also use to be a designer, creator, maker, so i have a lot of equipment and supplies and collected stuff to make things that clutter different spaces.

Not sure if my negative symptoms is permanent (feels pretty sure) is the only reason i keep all this.

If these things were gone, my place would be pretty basic.

I think the more interests a person has, the more things they own, the more of it. Like someone into cars, might own multiple cars.

1 Like

@bowens you sound like what i think of as a utilitarian. You’re interest in something’s aesthetic and form is less important than that the things you own are useful.

2 Likes

Getting rid of things can be a hard task also.

2 Likes

I’m a pragmatist. I like to have things that I will use (exception being some artwork and my antique cameras). I don’t see the point in flaunting wealth.

4 Likes

Some flaunt wealth through their minimalist aesthetic / design.

Seen some peoples homes on youtube people living like in a museum.

1 Like

I think im neither. As i dont like to have too much clutter but im also willing to spend unreasonable amounts of money on recreational activities :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The thirty foot high ceilings gave me away, huh?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Ideally - everything i own, i would use regularly. I really want to throw out my hobby stuff cause its causing so much clutter.

2 Likes

I’m somewhere in between. Most of my furniture is second hand or Ikea. I’m just moving now and that’s when I realise I have a lot of stuff I probably don’t need. Things that have never been used and probably never will. I’m giving it away to the salvation army or selling it.

I do have my vinyl and dvd’s though. But I will try to keep only that which has a repetitional value. Like movies that are enjoyable to see again, and same with music. The rest there’s no need to keep.

1 Like

I love shopping but I often buy second hand stuff and i don’t want to be greedy in ugly way.

Most of my clothes are second hand.shoes too.

I buy Christmas presents too.

Real housewives women can be unattractive when they are greedy shallow shopaholics spending ridiculous amounts and showing off and bragging etc it can be tacky .i love some of them and I love some people like that but it can be unattractive specially if they are not humble appreciative down to earth but stuck up in yucky way…

It’s not good for the environment either and that should be considered and given some care.

I don’t like homes that are modern sterile and minimalist.

My favourite home has things everywhere with collector ornaments everywhere.it’s cozy charming and comfortable and real and warm.

2 Likes

Yes I like minimalism as in like the jungle book. The bare necessities.

But the thing is that the bare necessities looks different for different ppl cos we all have different needs.

For instance, I need organic food not typical food but for me that is a bare necessity.

Because of my belief system.

3 Likes

I’m a maximumilist. I want more stuff.

2 Likes
4 Likes

After living overseas for a couple of years and basically having just the clothes in a suitcase I definitely do the minimal. I even digitised all my music ( except for some new vinyl ) and no longer buy physical copies of books. it’s all digital to me and less stuff the better.

4 Likes

I have to be careful with this… I am prone to giving things away or sell them, usually I do it in a psychosis.

2 Likes

Yes I’m a minimalist, I’ve just finished going on decluttering spree and gave away several large bags of stuff. I can pack up my entire house in a day now, it’s so liberating! I want to always be one from now on and live light like a traveller

1 Like

I think I’m a bit of a minimalist. In a Franciscan sort of way.

2 Likes

Is nudism minimalism? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like