Memory loss and concentration problems are ruining my life.i cant do anything no more :(

I dont know what to do I feel depressed because of these problems I cannot do anything no more. I tryed telling my nurse and doctors but they all think it’s to do with the depression. And not the medication. I feel so low I’m scared to get another injection.i feel my problems are coming back because I’m becoming stressed out again. I just want to feel normal and be able to relax again. I cannot even watch TV without becoming distracted.

3 Likes

Are you taking any benzos? They can mess with your memory and concentration.

1 Like

No I’m just taking abilify maintena 300ml

1 Like

To be honest I dont even think its helping me much now either because I’m getting thoughts again

1 Like

Did they suggest you take an antidepressant? Maybe they’re right?

1 Like

I cant watch tv either but can sometimes play video games. Also sometimes I watch simpsons or family guy on my cellphone while laying in bed, its easier for me to focus while laying in bed and using a cellphone to watch.

1 Like

Yes they did but I’m scared it’s going to get worse because my sis takes them and she has a bad memory

1 Like

I stay in bed most of the time everyday.

1 Like

I can watch things on YouTube sometimes but there are times where I constantly have to watch something different in the middle of watching something and I cannot watch things that take too long to keep my attention span going

1 Like

Yea me too, I cant watch more than 20min. Simpsons and family guy are about 20min and they’re the only thing I can watch other than short youtube videos.

2 Likes

It’s just annoying and difficult tbh I wish I was normal

1 Like

Listen to me, I was having bad memory problems and I started taking fish oil and after a month or so I really noticed a difference in my memory and my concentration. It really helps a lot. I would Honestly sometimes be scared at how bad my memory was. Now I feel I’m more in the normal range for my age of 53. I take 1000 mg fish oil in the morning.

1 Like

Yea it sucks but honestly I got used to it after years of being like that and being in bed. I still complain about my negative symptoms here sometimes though as they made everything worse in my life. I read that negative symptoms reduce life quality and I find this to be true.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s true too tbh it’s a shame that this illness exists tbh

1 Like

I have the same problem. This is the case since the last ten years. It is probably psychosis. Also, the thoughts (psychosis) that you are getting may be distracting you from watching television. I can watch things on you tube, but not on television.

You could try the antidepressant, I have tried many in the past, but I don’t think it will work.

They say that our minds are like this

1 Like