Memories from the time you were homeless

Tell us about the homeless people out there?

Also how did you get off the streets? What was available to you to get back up?

Thanks

A Lot of times I was homeless I also tried to commit suicide. It never workedā€¦ Some doctor or nurse revived me each timeā€¦

Very few homeless are modern day Diogenes.

1 Like

Is this what you mean by ā€œalmost dying?ā€

Sorry this one is wrong their are tons of homeless hiding out there is more like it.

1 Like

How many have you known in your life? What experience and for how long have you experience their culture?

yup
it is what I was meaning .

I think they are just tough, free range people playing out the hand they were dealt while thinking everyone else is just a sissy. Thatā€™s what I gathered about folks ā€œin the bottoms.ā€ Tough to say the least.

How many Iā€™d say there are a few thousand homeless families and a few thousand more single people as well. not all drug addicts or alcholics, but average people too.
Iā€™ve been homeless off on for a few years at a time.

Some are playing the system those one you need watch your back around, but many others are really trying to find help I have seen.

I was lucky when I was homeless. I still had a car to have a safe place to stay and keep belongings and food. In high school I would just get there early and shower in the locker rooms. I got really fast at washing my hair in gas station bathroom sinks over the years.

TRIGGER WARNING

One summer it was too hot to sleep in my car so I got a campsite at the local campgrounds with a lake to cool off in. But then one night some guy cut my tent open (the zipper was locked) and raped me. I ended up getting pregnant with my son from it.

After that I moved in with my boyfriendā€™s (now husbandā€™s) parents, which is also where he lived.

1 Like

Iā€™ll admit that I was at my most extreme peak in my scz when I was homeless before I realized what was going on with me and how reality worked and doesnā€™t work such as telepathy and what not, and I took a shot at myself one time. I did however vomit the sleeping pills back up.

Other than that I had no near death or close calls out there. A woman walking alone in a No Go Zone would stands a far greater chance of being hammered or killed than me when I was homeless for 2 years in multiple cities.

None of the homeless I have known has founded a school of philosophy. The majority are either there as a result of poverty, mental illness, or drug addiction, or a combination thereof.

I spent a great deal of time within 100 yards of a homeless encampment.

1 Like

I meet a few with phdā€™s and some where teachers that could make end meat.and a ton of older vets that couldnā€™t afford cost of living for apartments or homes.

Thatā€™s what I noticed. Itā€™s all kinds of people out there.

1 Like

This is depressing meā€¦ I have to go and try to sleep this off.

Okay, this is generating too many flags and I have to go to sleep.