Schizophrenia.com

Medication?

Has anyone found a medication that doesn’t make u feel like a complete zombie??

0 Likes

the injectables r ok as is abilify but that made me psychotic. i’m on depixol 40mgs every fortnight, in the jacksie. it hurts sometimes but most of the time its just a little scratch. try it. c what u think. xxx

0 Likes

depixol, is it a pill?? and abilify caused u to become psychotic? I’m just trying to see whats out there that doesn’t have a lot of bad side effects, I was on zyprexa kept me at bay for awhile, I quit taking it 6 mos ago and haven’t had any problems, but in the last week I feel it coming on so figure I better get to the doc!

0 Likes

I’m on 160 mg of Latuda (the max FDA approved dosage), and I have very little side effects. It’s the cleanest med I’ve tried in terms of side effects. I’m very thankful for it.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

thank yall!! appreciate, I hate being on meds but seems its the only way to keep it together and got to for my 5 year old

0 Likes

they are totally different so try them until you find the right one, don’t be disappointed.

1 Like

Geodon doesnt really sedate me completely…I powerlift if you get the idea

0 Likes

Are yall from the US? jus curious because I’ve never heard of any of them

0 Likes

The only medication I can say really made me feel like a zombie was Seroquel. That’s some rough stuff.

0 Likes

yes I’ve had that was awful!!

0 Likes

The worst i’ve had one risperidone 8 mg, i’m currently on latuda 160mg and invega 6mg. but that could change tomorrow since i have a medical review tomorrow.

0 Likes

i’m from iran but to get an idea that how much of them are in market of USA go to: www.drugs.com and search " anti psychosis". at least there is 20 different meds there for psychosis.

0 Likes

yea I cant do riseridone either! how does the invega make u feel? and thank u aliali

0 Likes

it slows down my thinking which helps me since i have problems with paranoid and rapid thoughts.

1 Like

I’m on Consta in the butt. Alternate cheek every 2 weeks. The pain is 5-10 seconds at most.
When i was on the first generation depot redeptin many years ago that did hurt for several days.

0 Likes

depixol is an injection jordi, either in the thigh muscle or the buttock. i’ve been on it for about 4 years now. one major episode which was when they decided to put me on it, then another one two years later and a mini erotomania last year that lasted for about two months…but i didn’t believe in it that time…it was just voices and imagery. not many side effects at low doses. it gives me muscle cramps in my left leg but i got some pills for that and can make u a bit mute at high doses but i’m on a mid dise right now so it’s ok. it never stopped the voices though so i’m trying haldol shortly. another injection. i prefer the injections tbh, then i don’t have to remember to take a pill every day. and i find them less sedating.

0 Likes

Same here. One late dose in nearly 5 years is better than forgetting to take a pill 50-60% of the time.

0 Likes