Schizophrenia.com

Maybe I have a reason to be paranoid

Hi my name is Tevin and I joined weeks ago, but I have just been sitting back reading instead of joining along. I figured something was wrong with me since I was 18 so I did research and without a doubt feel I have paranoid schizophrenia and just been living these past 2 years inside my mind(crazy). But it was recently when I got discharged from the navy from what can be called an anxiety attack that I started thinking I cant do this alone anymore. I felt the whole room speaking to me and vic versa and specifically one girl was the cause, she kept talking about me but I couldnt tell what she was saying but I did hear our petty officer or guy in charge say “don’t talk about him when he’s that close” so that and other coincidences lead me to believe I do have a reason to be paranoid(crazy).

Welcome and I’m glad you decided to join in.

Have you had a chance to see a qualified psychiatrist yet? If not, you might want to make that your first step.

That has been the main thing on my mind since that incident. I walked past the mental health facility and just looking in and seeing a large crowd made me anxious and I continued walking.

Private psychiatrists usually have a dedicated waiting room, like any other doctor. Not sure what kind of building you saw, but in my experience, they are private offices.

I don’t know if you have paranoid schizophrenia or not. No one on here can diagnosis you. If you are having weird or distressing thoughts and mental problems, then it’s best to go to a psychiatrist. You are aware that something is wrong with you, so the next step is getting help. Sometimes us schizophrenics are not self aware enough or have insight into the extent of our own illness. Schizophrenia rarely gets better untreated, it rarely just “goes away”. And IF you have schizophrenia your prognosis will improve the sooner you get help for it and get it treated. Good luck. My dad was in the navy, he fought in Korea.

Thanks, I have been telling myself the same thing for days now but for some reason I just need confirmation on that. Also I appreciate your dads service.

Hi, I have paranoid schizophrenia. I think it is best to seek a psychiatrist and say what you feel, so he can diagnose you, if this is your case.

Welcome :slight_smile: I hope you can gain a lot from posting here!

Welcome

thought i would say hi.
take care

**Hi! Glad you found this site. Everyone has given some good advice here. Definitley see a doctor first. I wish you luck and peace ~~~ **